Aspire is the leading all-in-one finance operating system for growing businesses in South-East Asia. We are on a mission to reinvent business finance for a new generation of entrepreneurs and business owners, empowering startups to realise their full potential.
Founded in 2018 by former Lazada founders and executives, Aspire has raised over USD 200M+ across equity and debt from world-class investors.
To power our solutions we have partnered with some of the best companies in the world such as Visa and Wise.
In 2020 we were awarded Hottest Startup by Singapore Business Review
and Finalist MAS Fintech Awards,
and in 2021 were named in LinkedIn's Top 5 Startups to work for in Singapore.
You will be amazed by the energy and experience of our team. We are a team of ex-entrepreneurs, ex-founders, and high-achievers with international backgrounds. We team up to reach the highest standards in what we do, and don't take NO for an answer.
We are expanding rapidly. Are you a top talent? Are you passionate about entrepreneurship? Join us and make an impact in the fintech space. About the role
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be involved in the management of general accounting activities and the maintenance of effective internal controls, while ensuring statutory compliance in all accounting initiatives. What you will be doing
What you will need
- Manage all aspects of financial accounting and reporting, including financial procedures and controls, financial period close and monthly management (eg. AP/AR, GL, account reconciliation, etc)
- Implement new financial systems/infrastucture to scale with business growth
- Drive financial controls as well as efficiency and accuracy of all financial reporting processes
- Ensure accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of corporate data and asset safeguarding by improving our existing internal controls
- Direct and execution preparation of workpapers required for audit processes, including memos for any relevant areas
- Coordinate with external finance parties as the key liaison (eg. external auditors, tax agents, corporate secretarial agents, etc)
- Support and ensure compliance with all filing requirements, audits and procedures (both statutory and internal)
- Collaborate closely with finance operations teams
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Strong working experience with accounting software (eg. Xero, Netsuite)
- Strong working experience in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
- Excellent knowledge in corporate accounting, GAAP and all regulations
- Ability to develop and implement accounting policies and financial controls
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and result oriented
by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Aspire's Data Protection Policy for Employees, Freelancers, Contractors and Job Applicants (the " Policy
") , and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Aspire for the purposes set out in the Policy. You may withdraw consent for such collection, use and disclosure, and make an access or correction request in respect of your personal data, in accordance with the Policy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .