Business Analyst Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Ltd
Business Analyst ManagerLead and manage a team of Business Analysts to work collaboratively with all other IT Departments to support the Change Management for Applications related to Life or common se rvic e (e.g. Risk/compliance/ Finance) and be the key integration between users of this division and IT.
This includes planning on-going production support and new development for the common service applications.
- Be the subject matter expert for users and IT Technical solution manager, developers on the changes required in the applications that it integrates to and the overall IT architecture development from the business perspective
- Drive the implementation of BAU/projects / enhancements with Business stakeholders, IT, vendors
- Manage the stakeholders from IT and business departments (across various levels) , including:
- Work with users on the yearly business plan, plan in budget to support business initiatives
- Chair and run quarterly prioritisation meeting to share cost and planning for the quarterly enhancements
- Managing users for ad-hoc / urgent change requests
- Manage and monitors scope change requests of key activities for enhancements related to common services
- Manage and monitor the timeline/risk during implementation, responsible for Functional Testing of systems before release to UAT, support User Acceptance Test Planning & automated and manual testing
- Manage & monitor the BAU incidents/problems and ensure a closure within the IPM framework SLA
- Conduct regular checkpoint meeting with vendors, BAs, solution managers, in-house development to ensure quality delivery of application systems.
- Manage the budget & Spend Management for enhancements / initiatives; ensure the enhancement and maintenance costs within approved budget; and engage business units to present transparent IT costs to help drive business priorities and outcomes
- Work with users on the yearly business plan, planning in budget
- Identifying and working with key vendors to ensure enhancements and production support are delivered on target and according to SLAs. Align business change development approach and strategy in accordance to New IT Architecture and Roadmap.
- Assessing and managing vendors to ensure
- Business Requirements are delivered according the change request raised
- Effort estimates are appropriate for the change requirements raised
- Deliveries from vendors and developers meets standards and user requirements
- Continuous development and enhancements is in line with new IT Architecture
- Appropriate resources are allocated from the vendors to support the business changes
- Work with users to build up business case, justify cost benefit analysis getting necessary approvals to support projects involving IT and users.
- Planning and executing as the Business Analyst Manager / Lead for the various IT projects
- To support the strategic enhancement implementation; provide IT Business Support Lead in the business change with users for the enhancements and projects including, planning designing and implementing of Systems and applications.
- Responsible for planning the BAU takeover for new initiatives with project team/ Competency manager before system go live to ensure a smooth transition; to set up BAU team to take over and support when system go live
- To manage a team of BAs, this include task assignment and monitoring, provide coaching and mentoring, motivate staff to maximize their performance and potential, building and develop the team member's competency and skillset to support life business or any project initiatives.
You will be part of the change management team that manages change requirements from the users for all IT systems needs and work with the appropriate resources within IT and /or vendors to support to deliver the changes
- General Degree / Degree holder in Information Technology, Info Systems or equivalent.
- LOMA / Diploma in Life Insurance (preferred)
- Min 10-12 years' experience in Business Analyst Management and/or Insurance domain with AML processing or GL/financial processing experience
- Candidate must have good business knowledge and understands how insurance systems support the various demands of the life insurance business; experience/knowledge related to risk and compliance is preferred
- Good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be proactive in identifying potential concerns and following-up to resolve such issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; demonstrates critical thinking and decision making ability.