Business Compliance Officer/Manager, Singapore/Malaysia/International Market (Senior Associate/Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
SMI Business Compliance Manager/Officers' key mandate is to provide advisory & guidance to FO on all compliance & regulatory related matters such AML CFT policy & procedures, marketing guidelines etc.
- Main liaison between Compliance & RM/TH/MH for onboarding and transaction monitoring concerns.
- Main scope: To perform Periodic Review; review high risk PRs requiring GMH approval. Review 20% of Medium/Low risk PRs to ensure that SOW write up is plausible, CE is sufficient and risk factors have been articulated.
- Onboarding - Review & work with RM/TH on all new accounts prior submission to Compliance, covering CE corroboration etc. Ensure all mitigating factors and justification for CE waiver by GMH are in order before submission to Compliance for assessment
- Exit/STR/Mantas - Review with RM/TH/MH and involve Compliance in discussion (when required), provide 1 st level advisory for transactions that RMs have queries on.
- Provide inputs on Country Strategy Papers for AML
- Provide inputs on relevant regulatory change impact from FO perspective e.g., Cross Border Policies etc.
- Perform Breach Assessment
- Handle Compliance Testing Reviews
- ARRC paper assessment and control
- Create FO awareness on a day-to-day basis via BAU and on periodic basis during BM sharing and training sessions.
- ORI filing - Quality check, investigations/resolution/action plan formulation that may involve discussion with another department
- ECM assessment and FO ECM monitoring
- ORM duties e.g. BCP, RRSA, RCSA, Call Tree, Internal Control Attestation, KRI Review & reporting, ORM Sharing; ERC reporting
- Data Protection Rep
- Covid-19 management - Lead & update teams on developments & changes, WFO/WFH scheduling, workstation arrangement etc
- Attend various working groups
- Data collection & analytics - New accounts by segments, IAM prospecting
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in AML and client review in a private banking environment.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the risks and suspicious activities typical of private banking clients.
- Experienced in investigating suspicious transactions.
- Experience in dealing with sanctions matters, European clients and related language skills would be an added advantage
- Familiar with excel and preparation of statistics for reporting.
- University degree and equivalent, or higher education.
- A recognized Compliance qualification would be an added advantage.