Business Support Developer (Technology)
- Market rate
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Technology has a global footprint operating across London, Asia (Shanghai, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Beijing), Dubai and New York. IT comprises of 5 core areas namely Global Markets IT (FICE & Commodities/Operations/eCommerce IT), Global Production Services, Business Management, Control IT/ Tech Risk IT and Finance and Risk IT.
A key objective will be to understand the technical and functional intricacies of the suite of applications that they support, including the end-to-end business impacts associated with planned change or ineffective system maintenance. They will understand the interfaces to and from their respective systems such that they will be able to provide an accurate assessment of the current capabilities and limitations of the systems. They will understand the critical path of their batch and the associated downstream, upstream and business impacts.
They will manage dependencies with other projects and input into the solution design, testing and sign-off of any new or changed services including both change-the-bank and run-the-bank activity.
The successful candidate(s) will own the end-to-end production environment, and will work closely with other IT Managers, global stakeholders and local teams to ensure cross-project dependencies, cross-system interfaces, collaboration and knowledge management are managed effectively and proactively.
They will manage all IT resources (permanent staff, contractors and consultants) across their respective application stack ensuring business needs are met in the most cost effective manner. Seeking out continuous improvements and process efficiencies in working with IT areas to deliver/ contribute to outstanding customer service and a ‘fit for purpose’ business architecture, whilst mitigating any risks and ensuring high standards are upheld.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Degree qualified
• Preferred experience working in a function of an investment bank and understands the need for control in a banking environment
• Understanding of Financial Regulatory controls across multiple global jurisdictions.
• Evidence of progression and consistency in career to date.
• Previous experience in supporting Operations systems (like Intellimatch..) will be an advantage.
Technical skills, exposure or awareness:
• C#, .Net
• Windows and Unix (Linux, Sun, HP, AIX) platforms, Batch programming.
• Databases (Oracle, MSSQL).
• Excel VBA, Control – M batch scheduling.
• QA duties (usability, performance & automated testing, test scripts, cases and plans)