CIB - Wholesale Payment - Treasury Services - APAC Regional Liquidity Product Manager - VP / Associate
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporates, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With over $23 trillion of assets under custody and $440 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments (WP) is one of the world's largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers of domestic and international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions and merchant services. With more than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, public sector agencies and non-government clients in over 180 countries across the globe, we offer specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable WP to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services Liquidity Solutions (LS) provides advanced solutions for clients to manage their global operating liquidity. Our product set operates globally in real-time to support our most complex clients as they manage their liquidity across legal entities, geographies, currencies and time-zones.
The position reports to the APAC regional Liquidity Solutions & Escrow Product Executive. The scope of the role covers a suite of advanced Liquidity Management techniques and tools, including notional-based products, Cross-Bank Cash Concentration (CBCC), Just-In-Time (JIT) Funding and Access Liquidity Solutions (ALS). Responsibilities include: Product Management
• Drive the growth of the product portfolio within APAC region and globally through management of client penetration targets.
• Develop and lead commercialisation strategy and value proposition for the product suite, including internal and external marketing communications for new initiatives and/or enhancements.
• Contribute to the creation and delivery of training to functional partners on product mechanics, positioning and selling guidelines.
• Produce and monitor daily and monthly reports of key performance indicators (KPI) to drive product P&L revenue target and identify emerging balance and revenue trends.
• Execute 'Ready to Launch/Sell' plan for new products and enhancements within the region and ensure execution of post-implementation activities to monitor product performance and clients' utilisation of product features.
• Work closely with functional partners pre and post releases to ensure new product functionalities are delivered as per specified business requirements.
• Manage day-to-day priorities in relation to the products by working closely with functional partners and by providing expert support to front, middle and back office.
• Provide direct support to clients during and post implementation as required.
• Ensure comprehensive on-boarding and servicing procedures are in place and up to date. Risk, Regulatory & Remediation Management
• Ensure understanding and identification of the risk attributes to the product portfolio and the client segments utilising the products in scope.
• Work closely with functional partners in Risk, Legal and Compliance to ensure new regulations are fully understood and acted upon efficiently and in a timely manner. Ensure risks and impact by segment are fully understood and documented appropriately.
• Ensure strong controls are in place end-to-end, including all activities related to client on-boarding, operational processes, legal, compliance, accounting and tax. Ensure strong end-to-end product management control framework is maintained and updated in line with changes in legal and regulatory environment.
• Work with functional partners in operations and technology to actively support minimization of manual processes and activities. Strategic Planning:
• Work with Treasury Services colleagues and peers to analyse client needs and competitive, industry and market trends. Provide feedback to product management team on market intelligence.
• Fully understand market requirements and contribute to development strategy for the products in scope. Working closely with the Global team and other Liquidity Product Managers to provide innovative solutions globally and in APAC.
• Collaborate with Legal, Risk and Compliance to align product documentation negotiations and control points in client negotiations.
• Align closely with Treasury Services business / product partners to ensure strong cross-sell opportunities to drive multi-product revenue. Qualifications / Experience:
• Relevant experience in Transactional Services, Cash or Liquidity Management.
• Proven product, operational or business management experience.
• Product Management expertise in Liquidity Services, across multiple geographies, is strongly preferred.
• Track record of strong partnerships with key stakeholders, and especially of execution credentials.
• Understanding and appreciation of the Liquidity regulatory and control environment, and particularly of the APAC landscape.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong financial, analytical and strategic skills.
• Organisational, administration and project management competencies.
• Collaborative attitude, with proven ability to work across global matrices.
• Market and product knowledge is an advantage.