COO - Operations Expert - AVP
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 21 Feb 19
COO - Operations Expert - AVP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
Global Network Management (GNM) is primarily responsible for protecting the Bank by; providing a premium quality agent bank network, supporting all Deutsche Bank businesses at an optimum price, while minimising risk, maintaining control and maximising reciprocal business opportunities for the bank.
Deutsche Bank utilises agent banks to provide custody and cash services for all business divisions in a range of markets globally. The selected agent banks can be Deutsche Bank branches, subsidiaries, or third party providers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Agent Bank Relationship:
- Relationship Manager to depot/nostro agent banks appointed by DB. Maintain senior contacts with relevant personnel and represent DB in meetings
- Conduct regular agent bank relationship meetings to represent DB. Monitor and record agent bank performance, ensure best practice and adherence to audit/regulatory standards, and the escalation point for relevant operational, market and service issues
- Prepare and maintain briefing memos and call reports and contribute cross-business to requests for information from
- Discuss New Business/Product Opportunities with senior stakeholders
Internal Stakeholder Management:
- Maintaining regular contact with business and infrastructure teams to discuss strategic plans for their areas – cross market/cross product.
- Discuss New Business/Product Opportunities
- Regular interaction with wider GNM colleagues across the globe
- Provide efficient support during the market's business' hour
- Strategic review and negotiate competitive pricing with selected agent banks and seek ongoing commercial opportunities. Benchmark pricing with competitor agent banks. Monitor and understand market infrastructure charges.
- Negotiate competitive pricing with selected agent banks and seek ongoing commercial opportunities. Benchmark pricing with competitor agent banks and monitor and understand market infrastructure charges.
3. Risk Management
- Oversight and sign off for regular Due Diligence/Risk Review in conjunction with the Network Management Service Desk ensuring identification, assessment and mitigation of market, custodian and operational risks identified.
- Ownership of RfP process, including preparation of documentation for the GNM OpCo review. Also, oversight of the agent bank selection and appointment utilising the RfP procedure to review potential changes to the existing agent bank network and facilitate entry into new markets and products.
- Ensure and enable compliance with legal, credit, regulatory & audit requirements, including annual BAFIN, FCA and ISAE3402 submissions.
- Monitor regulatory/market changes that may impact the business. Translate & communicate business impact of market and agent changes to relevant areas of DB.
- Degree or relevant industry experience
- Experience in any of the following disciplines: Network Management, Custody, Cash, Control, Operations or client services. An understanding of custody & cash products and the associated operational requirements
- Knowledge or understanding of regulatory obligations from BaFin, FCA, CFTC and SEC.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation & time management skills
- Ability to…
- Manage tasks across a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyse concise and accurate reports.
- Provide written communication with agent banks concerning often-sensitive relationship issues in an appropriate manner.
- Converse in a clear concise manner at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally.
- Participate and represent Deutsche Bank at industry initiatives.
- Follow up and close out initiatives
- In depth knowledge and understanding of industry initiatives, developments and their implications to the organisation.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.