Who we are looking for
This is a client manager role within the AOPM (Asset Owner Private Market) business unit of the State Street , servicing our APAC client.
The client manager interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. AOPM business provide document management, cash management, valuation, look through and transparency services, as well as performance & analytics reporting in addition to day-to-day accounting and administration service, in alternative investments space. Experience in any or all of the above areas is preferred. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Specialized Services and Investment Analytics (SSIA). Our offering is a recognized industry-leading provider of analytics, portfolio valuation, fund administration and risk services on private equity portfolio. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Primary client touch point for State Street private market solution on the assigned client.
- Manage client expectations with both designated client contacts and their vendors.
- Manage internal workflow to ensure our client request and service level agreement are met, and play a governance role on client deliverables.
- Review and/or prepare of various client related correspondence.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
- Lead and represent business area as a domain expert to provide sales support (e.g. client presentation) and prospect client matters.
About State Street What we do.
- Candidate must have a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 4-6 years of experience, including 2 to 3 years of independent accounting / P&A / financial reporting experience is required.
- Client service experience with institutional clients is preferable.
- Experience in the private equity/real estate industry is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive, can-do attitude, meticulous are essential.
- Strong computer skills are required, especially Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers