In general, the Architect role will require strong experience and capabilities to focus on full project lifecycle activities such as consulting, strategy, architecture, high-level design, client relationships, risk management, and resolution. It may be necessary to own and be responsible for aspects of design, as well as provide technical leadership including team management.
Type of Project
The APAC COE works on a wide range of accounts & projects, across a wide range of clients in all sectors. COE will focus & work very closely across all the Business Units to fulfilling the Cloud and Infrastructure requirements as they arise.
As an Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you will get exposure to the following types of roles & responsibilities :
- Public & Hybrid Cloud solutions – architecting, designing, building and testing new cloud solutions. Often large and complex projects, with inputs from multiple technology domains (network, compute, monitoring, security).
- Cloud migrations- Apps, data and workloads, infrastructure consolidation and transformation programmes
- Responsible for Billing(50%) & generate revenue via order booking, focus on CM% (Contribution Margin)
Experience and evidence of working on enterprise Cloud Infrastructure projects are core to these roles.
These are some of the standard skills that we would expect you to be able to demonstrate.
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Team player but capable of working independently where required
- Proven track record working with clients
- Ability to converse with various stakeholders at different levels
- Knowledge of various portfolio of offerings
- Have the mindset to challenge where appropriate and discuss decision points
- Demonstration of a wide Infrastructure & Industry knowledge on various technical products
- Capable of delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of Project and Programme Governance
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (e.g. DELIVERY, ITIL)
- Understanding of commercial models and costing development
- Ability to identify opportunities to expand Capgemini’s client footprint and/or project work
- Ability to manage and control technical risks and work with assumptions
- Ability to create Architectural documentation to suitable standards (HLD, DLD, Build & Standard Operating Procedures, etc.)
- Knowledge on various cloud service platforms like Iaas, Paas, SaaS is desirable
Key Skills & Experience required
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect should have a minimum experience level of 12-16 years, with evidence of exposure to Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure projects during this time
- Knowledge of the various Cloud Adoption Framework and related tools
- Proven track record in providing design and consultancy covering cloud Infrastructure, availability, security, scalability, operability and extensibility
- Cloud integration aspects for hybrid solutions such as WAN networking, Direct Peering, VPN, B2B, B2C, Active Directory, etc.
- Cloud hybrid solutions such as Cloud Interconnect, Cloud VPN, Anthos, Hybrid Indentity scenariosKnowledge of cloud-native and 3rd party tools for management, monitoring security and automation
- Exposure to cloud governance, billing and optimisation, and target operating models
- Exposure to application discovery and dependency mapping as part of app migration and rationalisation activities and tooling
- Architecting and deploying Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure solutions as part of Public, and Hybrid cloud platforms
- Experience of upgrades, consolidation as well as new deployments
Cloud Infrastructure Architect Certification
Cloud architect certification on any one of these GCP/Azure and AWS platforms are must and knowledge of and certification any other Cloud platforms is desirable