Compliance - Analytics - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co .
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . Our group:
The Compliance Analytics Group (CA) is responsible for statistical and data analytic efforts to improve the scale and performance of JPMC's regulatory controls relating to Anti Money Laundering (AML), Trade Surveillance, Sanctions Screening, Know Your Customer (KYC), Client Due Diligence (CDD) and other forms of financial crimes monitoring.
The Group plays a global role, engaging with major stakeholders in all of JPMC's lines of business and countries of operation, including Business Compliance, Operations, Model Review and Technology. We also interact with regulators and industry peers.
Our work includes developing statistical models to identify suspicious and high risk activity across JPMC's highly diverse customer base. This is a fast developing space and requires a combination of analytical creativity, mathematical and statistical skills, and analytical execution experience on large datasets. Description:
We are seeking an Associate level candidate with statistical and data-analytic skills to play a key role in our development of quantitative tools and analytics to guide the bank's transaction monitoring activities.
Major responsibilities and skills include:
- Contributing to effective quantitative problem solving and analytical research and delivery for projects: This requires:
- a deep understanding of statistical & data analytical techniques and several years' experience that has built intuition about experimentation, and empirical work
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of data from multiple sources, and create clear summaries.
- Adherence to a standardized analysis/project methodology capturing: business rationale; initiative scoping and analysis; prioritization; requirements gathering; design/build; design/code review; testing and validation; implementation; and continuous improvement
- Documentation of all analysis in an organized, clear manner
- Willingness to contribute to colleagues' projects that are not directly assigned to the individual
- Engaging a group of senior leaders in the US to drive decisions for JPMC Corporate Compliance; critical skills are:
- Good communication, both verbal and written
- Summarizing complex ideas (including technical/statistical ideas) in business-friendly language
- Ability to translate business themes into quantitative / analytical action items
- Developing subject matter expertise in JPMC products, services and clients
- Understand the Compliance dimensions, and sources of relevant customer and transaction data.
- Masters in Mathematics, Statistics, Decision Sciences, Quantitative Methods and Modeling, Econometrics, with a solid background in statistics.
- Demonstrated experience in data and statistical analysis; Demonstrated experience analyzing complex problems and developing/executing complex analytic, statistically-driven processes a plus
- 3+ years experience with statistical tools (e.g., SAS, Python, R) and applying them to business decisions.
- E xperience with visualization tools (e.g., Spotfire, Tableau) and database language (e.g., SQL) a plus
- Experience in Predictive Modelling, Machine Learning etc. / Experience solving Segmentation, Optimization problems using data analytics an advantage
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple projects with minimal oversight, and to respond to changing business priorities.