Customer Renewals Manager
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau's intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world! What you'll be doing...
The Renewals Manager is responsible for achieving a high level of customer retention in an assigned territory. The Renewals Manager role is responsible for driving the maintenance and subscription renewal revenue and renewal rate for an assigned territory. Both team and individual renewal targets will be assigned. The Renewals Manager will interact regularly with customers to sell the benefits of a maintenance or subscription renewal. A Renewals Manager will be the front line to the customers to educate on effective license management, be able to sell against cancellation, and confidently articulate the value of Tableau. As this role is customer interfacing, strong communication (both spoken and written) and customer service skills are necessary.
Some of the things you'll be doing include ...
Who you are...
- Product renewal revenue quota: Responsibility for Tableau maintenance and subscription renewal contracts, revenue, and renewal rates for assigned territory.
- Transactional sales: This sales role is highly transactional, with hundreds of renewals to collect quarterly.
- Increase the renewal rate: Ensuring high renewal rates and can speak to the value Tableau will bring to organizations by understanding strong product positioning and pipeline management skills. Collaboration across the organization to develop strategies, retain existing client base and maximize revenue growth.
- Pipeline management: Tightly manage the renewal sales cycle including selling against cancellations, assisting customers through the sales cycle, and updating the CRM system according to documented processes.
- Forecasting: Awareness and accuracy of pipeline; comfortable with accurately maintaining a forecast of all renewals within assigned territory.
- Customer check-ins: You will periodically check in with customers throughout their contract period to ensure the health and adoption of the account.
- High sales activities: High-volume of outbound and emails each and every week, as part of annual renewal process. In addition, identifying potential upsell opportunities within an account.
- Tableau product knowledge: Strong understanding of Tableau's products, with the ability to identify upsell opportunities including training and services to ensure customer success.
- Domain. Background in software renewals preferred. BA/BS Degree
- Experienced. 2+ years' experience in Sales and Customer Success/Maintenance Renewal. Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM system.
- Go-Getter. Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be resourceful, and stay motivated though ambiguity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Strong English communication skills; provide excellent customer service at all times.
- A True Team Player. Strong collaborator and communicator, both to customer and to internal teams including all on the account management team.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com , inc. Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.