Desktop Support Engineer
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Singapore
- 24 Apr 19
Desktop Support Engineer
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Build your career with Bank of Singapore as a Desktop Support Engineer in our End User Services Team!
The Desktop Support Engineer (Project) role is to support IT projects coordinating and implementing IT services related to the Desktop. In addition this role may require to backup operational support, providing single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Plan and work on projects, as a team member.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 365 and any other authorised desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Performs troubleshooting and general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network
- When the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment the Desktop Support Engineer will escalate the issue/problem to proper support team member
- Handle incoming calls, problems and support requests
- Timely response to support requests and incidents.
- Supports the resolution of incidents.
- Maintenance of inventory and process documentation.
- Acts as Windows platform subject matter experts for Incidents and Problems.
- Diploma or Degree in an IT/Computer science related discipline
- Min. 5 years' experience supporting Windows Desktops in a medium to large organization
- Ability to demonstrate a good track record of work performance
- Working experience in the banking industry will be an added advantage
- Microsoft certification is an advantage
- Excellent technical knowledge of pcs and desktop hardware.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Microsoft Desktop Support Technician an advantage
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Windows Windows 7, 10 and office 365 experience
- Basic networking experience, TCPIP
- Microsoft Office 2010, Office 2016 support
- Good working knowledge of ITSM / ITIL v3
- A strong team player who takes ownership of issues and problems for close follow up in the respective areas
- Proficient communication skills (spoken and written) in direct customer facing with users at different levels
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls