ED / MD, SRE Architect Head, Enterprise Architecture - SRE, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
To establish and lead an Enterprise Architecture team to maintain close relationships with development and architecture teams across the bank and drive consistent architecture practices and principles for all solutions delivered. These practices and principles should be aligned to the bank's Gandalf strategy.
To monitor, assess and recommend new technology and advances that can help progress the bank's business and technology strategies.
- To perform architecture review and advisory for new and existing apps to increase reusability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- To develop, catalogue, assess, communicates, maintains and enforces Enterprise Architecture models across the bank.
- Assess and identify duplication of components and provide advisory for streamlining common components.
- To keep abreast with the latest technological developments and identify and recommend new opportunities and technologies to the development community.
- To establish and lead an Enterprise architecture teams/ function in the bank.
- To develop and enforce Enterprise architecture models which aligns to the bank's Gandalf strategy, and adopted by teams across the bank.
- To identify duplicate components and maintain an open library of share components for teams to reuse.
- To work with application teams across the bank to support their efforts to modernize their architecture
- To articulate technical solution(s) to senior stakeholders to get by in.
- Support design and development of solutions that improve resiliency, scalability and reliability for apps.
- Support documentation of standard processes and best practices (i.e. application resiliency guidelines).
- Support the setup and configuration an Enterprise sharable PaaS platform.
- Become an agent of change within organization
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Hands-on development and experimentation on new technologies and techniques.
- Ability to work with the latest tools and techniques
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and techniques.
Minimum No. of Years: 15
- Preferably good knowledge and experience in DevOps automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools such as Mesos Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube Kubernetes etc.
- 3 to 5 years of development and delivery experience with Java, Spring, Spring boot etc
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering would be preferred
- Experience with highly scalable distributed systems
- Hands on in depth experience in some of the following technologies:
- Cloud Foundry, OpenShift or other PaaS technologies.
- Public clouds such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Dockers, Garden, Kubernetes, Mesos.
- Strong understanding of Linux.
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- At least 15-20 years of experience as a Development Lead/ Architect
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to facilitate workshops.
- Self learner always willing to step out her/his comfort zone to become better
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.