- Permanent, Full time
- Avaloq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Head of Income
- Full time
- 21 Feb 19
Head of Income
Avaloq is driving the digital transformation and automation of the financial services industry.
Our clients are the leading banks of today and tomorrow. Based on our fully integrated banking software, we create powerful digital experiences provided through a standardized Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) model to banks and wealth managers.
To further spur innovation, we work with clients, other fintechs, universities and hundreds of third-party developers in a uniquely collaborative way we call the Avaloq Ecosystem.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has more than 2,000 employees and has a presence in the world's most demanding financial and innovation centres, including Berlin, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Paris, Singapore and Sydney.
More information is available at www.avaloq.com
Brief Job Description
The Head of Income is responsible for the oversight and management of daily operational activities pertaining to Market Events covering all asset classes besides monitoring and undertaking ASAP's client transaction processes, working within agreed ASAP's and Client policies and procedures.
The individual will report to the Global Head of Income.
The main responsibilities:
Responsibility of individual includes:
- Timely and accurate processing of all Mandatory and Voluntary events.
- Prompt resolution covering any exception handling, issues or discrepancies.
- Ensuring that all outstanding items in Nostro as well as Internal accounts are resolved in a timely manner.
- Working closely with Service management, Asset Master & Control, Pricing, Reconciliation as well as Project teams.
- Providing direction, oversight, advice and guidance to Market Events team to ensure that processes are in line with all internal policies and Key Operating Procedures (KOP) so as to prevent losses or risks due to errors, omission or non-compliance.
- Ensuring operational delivery covering Market Events activities are within agreed SLAs, KRIs and / or KPIs.
- Controlling and reviewing of daily BAU for process efficiency / improvement.
- Escalation of any operational risks relating to market events to Global Head of Income for mitigation / control solutions.
- Creating and fostering an environment of continuous improvement within Market Events team.
- Actively communicating and cascading the strategy, plans and values at all levels in the team driving a high performance culture.
- Pro-actively driving the achievement of high performance individuals within the team through effective career management, providing equitable opportunities, supporting succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
- Keeping oneself abreast of market / regulatory changes.
- An experienced Head of Income who is able to oversee, influence and control high transactional volume amidst a highly regulated environment while driving and proactively enabling an intensive operational change program which includes improving efficiencies.
- An engaging leader who is able to establish and conduct robust relationships with multiple peers and executives, as well as clients, regulators and third party service providers.
- Strong corporate management exposure with demonstrable management discipline in particular with regards to behaviour, compliance, audit and internal reporting.
- Enthusiasm, drive, tenacity and maturity, with the strength of character necessary to grow the business.
- A self starter who can be depended upon to provide consistent quality service to shape BPO into a leading BPO operation regionally as expected of a global-class function within Avaloq Group.
- Relates well to people from all walks of life and is capable of creating a climate in which team members will want to do their best.
- Possess strong communication skills with a high ability to problem solve.
- Motivated, positive and proactive with professional attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Degree qualifications, preferably from Banking & Finance / Accountancy related discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with demonstrable and consistent growth in responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of Income across all global markets.
- Familiar with Wealth Management products including front to back processes as well as end-to-end system knowledge in processing them.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Experience in managing system outages and follow-up actions from an Operations perspective.
- Preferably with knowledge of Avaloq banking system.
A high level of self-sufficiency in your area of work and an open work-culture awaits you! Click the "Apply Online" button below to apply to this position now.
Kindly note that only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for next steps. We look forward to receive your application!