Infrastructure Development - Big Data
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 20 May 19
Infrastructure Development - Big Data
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
Key Responsibilities will include design and implementation of enterprise grade solutions for technical data management, including data sourcing, ingestion, persistence, and presentation - while ensuring quality of deliverables and adhering to standards in areas of code quality, secure coding, test coverage, monitoring, logging, exception management, operability and maintainability. You will be expected to excel and lead in a team environment, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, collaborate and build relationships with other development teams, operations partners and business clients.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
- Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, Python, C, C++, Go Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on full development lifecycle experience (preferably on Java based platforms) with extensive experience in designing and developing large scale, mission critical enterprise grade software. Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Minimum 4 years experience with big data/NoSQL (Hive/Hbase/Solr/Spark/Cassandra/elasticsearch) - including understanding of cluster-topology and sharding/partitioning.
- Possess at least 3 years of message driven development (Kafka or Tibco EMS, MQ) experience for high volume based platforms and scalable distributed systems
- Experience in highly scalable REST/web service, caching servers, SOAP, HTTPS.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.