Insurance Accounting PS Consultant
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 21 Feb 19
Insurance Accounting PS Consultant
Enterprise Accounting System - Professional Services Software Consultant
As a Professional Services Consultant you will be accountable and responsible for the successful delivery and implementation of our insurance accounting software ("EAS") as a component of our wider Prophet actuarial risk ecosystem of products. You will initially focus on deploying this software as a sub-ledger system capturing IFRS17 cash-flow entries from upstream risk modelling software, and implementing IFRS17 regulatory reporting, while also integrating with downstream general ledger platforms. There will be later opportunities to broaden the scope of the software to provide full general ledger accounting functionality for appropriately sized clients.
In this capacity, qualified candidates maintain a deep, intimate knowledge of the product and deliver consultancy, solutions, and support to our clients. You will be required to interact with various employees at a client, from executives to staff.
What you will be doing:
Successfully install and configure the EAS product either on a client's own infrastructure or on FIS' own cloud-based managed services infrastructure.
- Successfully deliver the EAS product as an IFRS17 sub-ledger platform, integrated with upstream Prophet data repository and downstream general ledger, with configured chart of accounts, mapped Prophet variables, and regulatory reporting.
- Deliver services and projects within the constraints set by the contract. Engage with the client's business, and manage client relationship effectively, improve their overall client satisfaction generating positive client feedback, evaluations, referrals or references.
- Deliver against your own and the overall team and division revenue and chargeability (client billable hours) targets.
- Capitalize on that engagement, your expertise and our offerings to generate new revenue opportunities, liaising with our presales and sales team to help fully qualify them.
- Face new challenges and situations, provide concrete illustrations of your engagement and ability to anticipate, be proactive, take initiative, qualify a problem or challenge and come with (creative) solutions.
- Be active with the development and growth of our products, professional service Catalog (building new services, improving existing ones) and toolkits.
- The ability to present to and train key resources of a client.
- The ability to work independently. We are one team striving to achieve results together, each member of the team needs to be able to work on their own. This means moving topics forward to the best of your ability without constant supervision, identifying and communicating when you need support or help, and adequately engaging colleagues and managers as required.
- Project manage an opportunity from start to finish. Being fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate the ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead to deliver a solution.
What you bring:
- Minimum of three years of experience in insurance accounting;
- Specific exposure to a variety of APAC regulatory regimes highly desirable;
- Knowledge of IFRS17 framework a plus.
- Demonstrated experience of Insurance IT project implementation.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Client Facing positions.
- Minimum of three years of experience in consulting and advising medium to large clients.
- Minimum of three years of experience in implementing, configuring and supporting software solutions.
- Ability to engage various internal or external stakeholders at various hierarchical level.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of actuarial modelling is a plus, especially if it's on Prophet.
- Knowledge of SQL Database architecture is a plus.