At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Operations Specialist (6 months contract)
in our Asset Transfer Validation
We are seeking a contractor within our Front Office Support Services (FOSS) function. The incumbent will handle pre-processing checks for all client related payments prior to processing by Remittance team and to perform callback verification on required transactions. Responsibilities Pre-processing check for payments
Callback on Asset Transfer and Static updates
- Ensure all relevant approval is obtained and instruction provided by Business adheres to client's signing mandate and procedure
- Escalate any deviation to procedure
- Coverage includes: Payments, Internal Transfer, Cheque Issuance, Cash Withdrawal, Standby Letter of Credit/Banker's Guarantee
- Ensure callback is conducted in accordance with procedures and policies
- Retrieve and verify callback that has been performed by Business prior to processing by the respective operations team
- Handle BAU type of queries/issues ensuring that the case is resolved or properly escalated in a timely manner.
- Act as a control unit and be able to identify risk issues while interacting with Front office
- Ensure that exception processing is completed exactly according to the conditions set in the approval
- Perform an end of day review to ensure tasks are completed by signing off on the end of day checklist
- Ensure all queries from Business is resolved within expected timeframe or escalated to the correct parties
- Identify control gaps and work with team to review process efficiency and deliver improvements
- Participate in projects as and when required
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Private Bank Operations especially in the area of Remittances, Callback or Client Service role
- Tertiary education with a good academic track record.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Clear written & verbal communication skills with all levels of staff
- Client-oriented mindset
- Meticulous and good team player
- Ability to work independently & drive initiatives forward until delivery.
- Ability to work effectively with both Front Office and Support staff, at all levels.
- Ability to work & deliver under time pressure
- Proactive in identifying any process gaps, providing or suggesting solutions to improve productivity
- Ability to perform ad-hoc system testing