Oracle Database Manager, Vice President
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 20 May 19
Oracle Database Manager, Vice President
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
What happens when you put your deep experience in database design and management to the test at one of the world's top financial firms? It's time to find out.
In this role, you'll lead a talented team, guiding the analysis, design, installation and configuration of large-scale database management systems. You'll own the projects and the processes - from prioritizing tasks and managing scope, to ensuring that all production changes are in line with lifecycle best practices and firm policies. On your best days, you'll uncover innovative ways to automate operations, creating new efficiencies, improving productivity and making life better for your colleagues and our customers. And while the data product is important, this job is also about people. You'll collaborate with some of the best tech minds in the business, sharing knowledge and building a network that spans the globe. In addition to building relationships with other managers and stakeholders, you'll be responsible for coaching and mentoring your less experienced team members, and helping to hire our next generation of technical talent.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expert experience administering various multi-Terabyte, 24x7 uptime Oracle databases as a Systems/Infrastructure Database Administrator required
- In depth experience working with Oracle versions 11gR1/2, 12c in a Linux environment
- Experience with Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance is a plus
- Strong, proven Oracle Database Performance Diagnostic skills (at both the SQL and system levels)
- Strong programming experience in PL/SQL and UNIX Shell Scripting and/or Perl/YAML (preferably). Also experience with Microservices is desirable
- Extensive experience with Backup and Recovery using Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Experience with features such as Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Active Data Guard, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and Golden Gate replication
- Experience in Perl, Python or other Unix/Linux coding language is preferred
- Strong and proven prior people leadership, with ability to navigate a regional and global workforce across functions
- Prior experience in managing internal clients/partners
- Analytical, client focused and risk based mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to drive projects to successful conclusion
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in leadership, building and managing databases required
- Experience in database auditing and financial industry experience is a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.