Programme Manager, Stress Testing Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Risk is one of the core functions of any bank. For Standard Chartered, Risk's strategic intent is to be the world's best risk function: Leading the way in upholding the integrity of the Bank's risk and return decisions. The technology associated and supporting the Risk organization and its strategic intent is of utmost importance. Over the next 3 years, Stress testing will spend more than $25 million refreshing the current architecture to deliver the next generation of platforms & products to meet business and regulatory demands.
A Programme Management is required to provide leadership, management, and coordination across the portfolio of programmes, ensuring that they are delivered within time and budget constraints and exhibit strong governance and controls. Strategy
- Enhances, defines and drives the programme management strategy for Risk Technology in alignment with ITO and ePMO guidelines.
- Formulate best practices and apply agreed methodologies for modern software delivery including strategies for both Classic and Agile delivery, dependency management, operational excellence, thereby leading to improved product quality, time to market, and optimised cost of service.
- Drive the adoption of Agile Transformation with the Head of Engineering and the business change teams through the development of transformation leads to solidify cultural change and the organization's strategic goals.
- Work with Risk & Compliance Change and Global Head of Risk Technology to re-plan and prioritise projects as required to maximise benefits and delivery efficiency
- Communicate the Programme Management strategy and roadmap to the Business and Technology stakeholders. This requires close coordination with the Heads of Technology and Risk & Compliance Change PMO
- Support the Global Head of Stress Testing Technology in the identification and implementation of processes that drive efficiency, reduce cost of service, and improve business satisfaction.
- Ensures the accurate and timely submission of Programme static data, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts to the relevant Programme Steering Committee (PgSC).
- Leads and drives the adoption of ePMO/SDF process changes across the function through strong communication, training, and follow-up.
People and Talent
- Oversee the setup of the PgSC and Project Steering Committees (PSC) and preparing quality materials (ToR, Progress reports, Minutes etc.). This includes the management and communication of a standard set of templates and processes to be applied consistently across the portfolio by project managers.
- Organizational change and value created is sustainable and not limited to Risk Technology
- Manages portfolio financials so that on a quarterly basis material unspent funding can be returned to the PRC for that quarter.
- Attract, employ, engage and retain high-quality people such that Risk Technology has the skills and experience to deliver the next generation of risk applications.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Has line management responsibility for quality and risk control in area of responsibility, especially DevOps processes. Ensures internal process, standards and risk compliance (including security, regulatory and audit requirements) are met.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
- Support the Global Head of Stress Testing Technology to i dentify, assess and monitor the risk to the business of technology obsolescence. Work with Technology Heads to develop and maintain the lifecycle roadmap for all IT assets, ensuring obsolescence plans and support/maintenance milestones are in place for all IT assets and incorporated as part of the technology roadmap.
- Ensure focus and effective support of internal and external audit activities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Manages the Project Management Standard assurance framework for the Risk Portfolio, complying with the Project Governance Policy, and the Programme Management Standards, and ensuring staff working on the project are aware and comply.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct within Project Management team to ensure that adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employee's form part of the culture
- Ensure compliance with all salient SCB governance frameworks where there are direct touchpoints with them or any subsequent downstream influence
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Risk Project Management Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Develop and maintain business and professional networks.
- Facilitate collaboration, networking and alignment within and across teams. Build alliances and reach consensus across senior stakeholders. Deepen business/function's stakeholder relationships, including (but not limited to): Business Teams (MTCT, Enterprise Risk Management, Risk & Compliance Change), Finance, Supply Chain Management, Operational Risk, Legal, Compliance and Audit teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and the Group's brand and values in the team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned (1) by the CIO and (2) under Group, Country, Business and Functional policies and procedures.
- 10+ years project and programme management experience, preferably in the Banking Industry driving transformational change
- Proven experience on Risk projects and/or Risk domain knowledge
- Proven experience of project governance in multi-year multi-stream programmes including use of tools like clarity, SharePoint, JIRA, etc
- Proven experience of team management
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
- Strong organisational, time management and administration skills
- Risk Management and Control; the ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive management, clients and other stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.