The Principal Audit Analyst works on audits of a specific business/functional area/region; through supervised activities, evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to the risks within those business areas. They will continue to develop their technical knowledge and broaden their expertise in a wide range of audit areas. They will proactively develop and maintain professional consultative working relationships, primarily within the team and with support functions. They will use a range of approaches to collect relevant information to assess risk, resolve issues or carry out tasks.
Details of the Division and Team:
The Group Audit (GA) function is a professional, business focused, proactive risk-based global audit team that operates with transparency, integrity and independence. The function provides a systematic, disciplined approach to examine, evaluate and report objectively on the adequacy of both the design and operating effectiveness of the Deutsche Bank (DB)’s systems of internal control and the effectiveness of risk management and governance processes.
Being DB’s ‘third-line of defence’ we have a high profile in the Bank acting as an independent and forward looking challenger and adviser to senior management and are increasingly relied upon by regulators. Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate, network and share knowledge with intelligent colleagues and specialists around the world. Our colleagues are known for their agile minds, looking beyond the obvious, and challenging the status-quo in an open-minded, collaborative way. We consistently invest in our people, offering genuine opportunities for development and advancement.
You can expect:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your key responsibilities:
The Principal Audit Analyst will be responsible for controlling timely and accurate completion of audit work. The core responsibilities of this role are:
- A Principal Audit Analyst within the audit team with International Private Bank and both Singapore and Indonesia country coverage, reports into a Principal Audit Manager (PAM) in Singapore, who in turn reports in the Chief Auditor (CA).
- The candidate will be required to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to business area risks in accordance with Group Audit Methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
- The candidate will contribute to overall implementation of Group Audit Methodology including Risk Assessment Profiles/ Continuous Audit Assessment.
- The candidate will be required to participate and lead for successful delivery of regional/global risk based audits and regulatory audits. Also the candidate will support PAM to implement dynamic planning through continuous monitoring of the business.
- The candidate will draft audit findings for review by audit management and facilitate audit issue tracking and validate closure of audit issues.
- The candidate will be required to complete all work assigned to them on a timely basis. This may also include ad-hoc projects and special investigations.
- The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to pro-actively develop professional relationships across the DB franchise and to communicate orally and in writing the results of their work to clients at all levels.
- The candidate will be required to work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
- The candidate will understand the client’s marketplace and will continue to develop technical expertise relevant to the industry.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in an Audit function within a Financial Institution, Investment Bank or Professional Services.
- Good knowledge of auditing standards/concepts and understanding of the risk and regulatory requirements for banks operating in Asia Pacific
- Broad knowledge of front to back processes within International Private Banking and sound understanding of general banking processes and key risks.
- Candidates with experience/exposure with technology-related audits would be an advantage
- Candidate must be able to conduct client interviews/ walkthroughs to identify and document key risks, processes and controls.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, can communicate with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and with a structured approach.
- Ability to multi-task assignments, prioritise workload with limited supervision and be resilient under pressure when faced with tight deadlines.
- Able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation, transfer knowledge and develop capability of team members.
- Unquestionable personal integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience.
- Professional/industry recognised qualifications e.g. Chartered Accountancy(CA), Certified Internal Audit (CIA).
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies
How we’ll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career