- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
SABRE DeveloperAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To be a trusted senior developer within the SABRE team.
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of risk management systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Data and compute grid experience a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Responsible for the full development lifecycle for implementing the Bank's risk management system.
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Make sure that all software is incorporated into the CI/CD process in SABRE.
- Be a self starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Java (essential), SCALA/Haskell is an advantage
- Oracle development background, RAC is a plus.
- Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a strong plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
- Financial Market domain knowledge
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Structured/Derivatives business is a plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Java and Oracle skills.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems built on Oracle.
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.