SVP/VP, Technology Strategy Cost Management Manager, Tech Services, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 23 Sep 17
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The key mandate of the Technology Strategic Cost Management (Tech SCM) team is to drive and coordinate all technology optimisation initiatives within Technology units in the region, namely Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, India and Indonesia.
For 2017, Tech SCM savings target is $65m. We forecast to deliver around $90m savings, exceeding the target by 38%.
Tech SCM team will partner with Technology unit leads across locations to identify cost optimisation opportunities and initiatives such as automation, sourcing and offshoring. Share best practices.
Be the key contact and support for Finance and Group SCM team on all Tech SCM matters including cascade of SCM guidelines, ensuring compliance and tracking of savings.
- Manage the annual Tech SCM target setting process. Provide inputs to Group SCM and Finance team to formulate annual Group T&O SCM target.
- Drive and coordinate all technology optimisation initiatives within Technology units in the region, namely Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, India and Indonesia.
- Partner and engage key programme/ initiatives stakeholders such as GPS, TS, ITSS to identify cost optimisation opportunities and initiatives.
- Organise regular forums for key programme/ initiatives stakeholders, Technology units and Countries to share cost optimisation initiatives and best practices. Any gaps in terms of savings realisation and reporting should be highlighted.
- Provide timely reporting and tracking of Technology SCM saves to Group T&O and Group SCM. Highlight performance against target saves for each Technology unit.
- Be the key contact and support for Finance and Group SCM team on all Tech SCM matters including the cascade of guidelines and ensuring compliance and tracking of savings.
- Implement Connect the Dots (CTD) initiative using Qlikview, namely:
- Cost Transparency including Application View
- Green Apps
- Manage Tech SCM team of 5.
- Annual Tech SCM target setting process
- Set the time schedule, define the requirements and process.
- Consolidate and review the savings inputs with the key programme/
- initiatives stakeholders, Technology units and Countries prior to submission
- to Group SCM and Finance teams.
- Presentation to Group T&O Mgt and Group SCM teams.
- Technology optimisation initiatives
- Partner and engage key programme/initiatives stakeholders such as GPS, TS, ITSS to identify cost optimisation opportunities and initiatives such as sourcing and contract, infrastructure, FTE productivity, etc.
- Regular forums
- Define the terms and reference, roles and responsibilities.
- Chair and facilitate the discussions, prepare and co-ordinate the presentation
- Conduct discussions to close gaps, if any, between key programme/initiatives Stakeholders, Technology units and Countries.
- Savings Tracking and Reporting
- Provide timely scorecard of Technology SCM saves to Group T&O and Group
- Update saves in SCM Steering Committee
- Highlight performance and variances against target saves for each Technology unit.
- Communicate and cascade SCM guidelines, validate and track savings
- Implement Connect the Dots (CTD) initiative using Qlikview
- Engage Finance and key stakeholders including Technology units to define
- scope and requirements, project plan and time schedule for:
- Cost Transparency (including Application View); and
- Green Apps.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the team with the necessary skills to perform their roles.
- At least 10 years of experience preferably with exposure on technology
- cost management and optimisation.
- Hands on experience working across business/support units and countries.
- Detailed and meticulous with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to see big picture.
- Independent and proactive, a team player with good interpersonal and
- communication skills.
- IT savvy, proficient in MS Excel and Power point skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.