Senior Associate/ Associate, Model Validator (Wholesale), Risk Management Group
Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Responsibilities
The aim of the model validation team is to (1) limit the Bank's exposure to model risk by regularly validating all relevant models as mandated; (2) provide in-depth analysis and comments for Senior Management and (3) meet regulatory expectations in this regard.
As a team member of wholesale model validation, under appropriate supervision, you will:
- Critically assess the development and performance of wholesale rating models (PD, LGD, EAD), including scoring /rating models used for capital computational and risk management purposes as mandated within the Bank.
- Contribute towards the assessment of inputs, assumptions and parameter estimates relating to the validation of wholesale credit risk and climate risk stress testing models.
- Contribute towards developing strong professional relationship within and across validation teams as well with model developers
- Ad-hoc project involvement
- 3~5 years of relevant experience in the banking and financial industry
- Degree holders with quantitative / statistics from a recognized university
- The role is technical in nature, and the successful incumbent should be comfortable with handling large amount of data, have strong quantitative skills (including working knowledge of statistical/ database languages/software, such as Python / R, SAS, Access database, SQL, Excel & VBA)
- We welcome candidates with machine learning data analytics/modelling experience, e.g., prediction, classification, clustering and cross-validation.
- Self-motivated and a desire to learn and develop professionally
- Contribute towards team building and maintaining team morale
- Reasonably good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.