Senior Associate / Associate, Business Analyst (IFRS9) - Finance, Middle Office Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Work closely with business team to understand business requirements and translate them into functional requirements in form of user stories
- Act as liaison between business team and offshore/onshore development & QA team
- Provide functional expertise to generate test data
- Validate user stories to ensure that functional requirement/story meet overall business requirement(s)
- Guide QA in verifying functional requirement/story
- Liaise with development and QA team to derive a robust and configurable solution
- Help drive User Acceptance Testing
- Collaborate with PM/Scrum Master, Lead BA, QA, Development and Business BAs to help unblock various issues needing techno-functional expertise
- Ensure that relevant project documentation, confluence pages are all up to date with latest information
- Participate in Daily stand-up calls with scrum team and discuss about open issues, statuses and roll forward action items.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering-related field with min 5-7 years' relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Prior experience in a Business Analysis or Development role - preferably having worked with Finance MIS / Performance Management Applications
- Understand MIS systems technology and design, with exposure to both traditional RDBMS like MariaDB, Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL Server and Big Data Hadoop Eco system applications
- Experience executing queries in relational DB and Hadoop
- Experience working on Agile projects and be well-versed with JIRA & Confluence
- Experience in using MS-Excel for numerical computations
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Familiarity with CI/CD and associated tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket)
- Agile mindset, quick learner, with positive attitude towards initiating and making change happen
- Attention to details and highly organized and able to work under pressure in a time-critical environment
- Possess strong understanding of technical and subject matter expertise that can be leveraged to identify and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity and use it to their advantage
- Good knowledge of banking products, financial accounting, IFRS9 reporting, MIS concepts and finance processes.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate and pro-active in engaging stakeholders
- Good presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.