Senior Engineer, End User Service (Associate Director)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Singapore
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
Senior Engineer, End User Service (Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Senior Engineer in the End User Service team! !
The Onsite Desktop engineering for End User Services role is to support IT projects coordinating and implementing IT services related to the Desktop. In addition, this role may be required to backup operational support, providing a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Technical mentor to the Desktop Engineering team.
- Provides work direction and guidance to the Desktop Engineering team.
- Ability to inspire technicians by providing new ideas or concepts; helps 'roadmap' future.
- Foster Quality as a Service, and ITIL-centric mindsets.
- Meet with team regularly to mentor and to ensure future growth and career progression.
- Review team work to ensure quality and service expectations.
- Ensure Desktop Engineering team Incidents and Requests meet SLA expectations.
- Drive the creation of system imaging & automated software deployments to ensure efficiency & security through tools such as Microsoft SCCM, PDQ, and PowerShell.
- Imaging of and support for the Virtual Desktop Platform (VDI).
- Manage and coordinate software, hardware, and security related releases through Change Control and Release Management processes.
- Prepares, tests and releases software application and security updates to production using Microsoft SCCM.
- Ensure periodic system updates, patching and security standards are adhered to.
- Plan and work on projects, as a team member.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 365 and any other authorised desktop applications.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting and general preventive maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards.
- Perform work in compliance with specified warranty requirements.
- Return defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, document customer repairs, maintain and restock assigned parts inventory to ensure proper spare parts levels.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that have authorized access to the network.
- When the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment, the Desktop Support Engineer will escalate the issue/problem to proper support team member.
- Handle incoming calls, problems and support requests.
- Timely response to support requests and incidents.
- Support the resolution of incidents.
- Maintenance of inventory and process documentation.
- Act as Windows platform subject matter experts for Incidents and Problems.
- Min. 8-12 years' experience supporting Windows Desktops in a medium to large banking organization.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Ability to demonstrate a good track record of work performance.
- Working experience in the banking industry will be an added advantage.
- Microsoft certification is an advantage.
- Extensive experience providing helpdesk and desktop support for Windows computers in an enterprise environment (both phone & desk side).
- Ability to provide timely resolution for all end-user requests and root cause analysis for issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with Windows 7 & 10, and other business applications.
- Experience administering Symantec Endpoint Protection and SCCM.
- Expert desktop imaging and software packaging skills.
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory, Exchange, and Group Policy administration.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in an organized and efficient manner with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Device Lifecycle Management.
- Experience with troubleshooting issues on mobile devices.
- Must be able to create clear and detailed technical documentation.
- Must possess strong communication skills (written and oral) and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional team. Flexible enough to work with different technical skill levels and skill sets.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide input and recommendation on new technology and process improvement.