- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Network Specialist (Level 3)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Network Specialist (Level 3)About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The responsibilities include the following and applicable on a 24*7 basis with adjustable weekday and weekend hours of work.
• Own and drive excellence in Incident / Problem / Change Management of SCB Global Network & Security Infrastructure
• Lead regular Automation efforts to achieve Regulatory compliance for Component & Infrastructure Security Vulnerabilities
• Lead Automation efforts of IM/CM activities by driving scripting of tasks and integrating to Banks presentation layer for Mgmt reporting.
• Experience in leading implementation of vendor supported tools to deploy advanced monitoring of complex health/performance parameters, alerting of issues & build executive Dashboards.
• Lead Incident calls that involve complex multi-component, multi-platform issues together with peer Infra teams like OS Platforms, Middleware, DB and Apps support - taking ownership of resolution
• Ensure end-to-end root cause analysis and trend reporting for production issues is carried out in a way that meets business and technology requirements
• Lead infrastructure upgrade / improvement plan.
• Recommend and manage relevant end-to-end service improvement initiatives to address risk mitigation and service stability.
• Ensure accurate and regularly updated information related to network physical inventory, logical inventory, network diagram, network traffic flow, technical troubleshooting documents and operational process documents.
• Demonstrates continuous effort for identifying problematic area and providing permanent fixes.
• Communicating with clients for providing expert advice.
• Implement project methodologies, process, and tools to execute BAU projects.
• Be a team player and lead creative initiatives to scale up as a team.
• Focus on customer experience - "Delight the Customer"
Our Ideal Candidate
• Masters / Graduate degree in a technical discipline with good professional certifications.
• Around 10 to 15 years of in-depth, hands-on working knowledge in Network/Security technology and Operational experience in a global MNC environment - preferably in BFSI industry or in a RIM profile handling large BFSI enterprise customers
• Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholder expectations
• Excellent oral/written communication skills for articulating thoughts clearly with stakeholders ranging from engineers to senior business management
• Initiate and manage implementation of vendor supported open-source tools environment like Nagios, Cacti by working with vendors and SCB Teams
• Automation Experience (Unix scripting, Web development & SharePoint experience) for regular IM/CM tasks is highly desired
• Industry certifications - Juniper (Preferred) & CCNP Equivalent is a must (CCIE preferred)
• Following Skills are highly desired at deep technical level:
- Security Platforms - Juniper SRX, Netscreen FWs, Cisco ASA FWs, Proxies, VPN Gateways, Wireless products, etc
- Advanced LB experience preferably F5 platform
- Switching / Routing
- IP Services like DNS, DHCP, IPAM, AAA Platforms
• Deep Knowledge of an Ecommerce Datacenter infrastructure with focus on GSLB/ISLB, SSL Offloading, FW Flows/HA/ALG details to lead complex multi-component, multi-platform operational issues
• Experience in working with cross-border teams, preferably in BFSI industry.
• Fundamental skills of Task prioritization, Time management, Customer focus, Excellent Oral & Written communication
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.