Senior Officer, Compliance
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank
- 25 Mar 19
Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance
Overview of Division/Department
Our Compliance (CPL), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is in charge of formulating and maintaining the compliance framework to ensure our compliance with internal and external regulations.
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
Purpose of Intra-Office Inspection: To prevent fraud and incidents, and thereby protect customers and monitor operations risk management.
- Assist in planning and executing the Bank's Intra-Office Inspection program.
- Carry out intra-office inspection in a timely fashion and in accordance with inspection plans.
- Provide general guidance and recommendations to internal stakeholders with regards to rectification of any weaknesses identified during an inspection and/or enhancement to any operational process/ procedures.
- Ensure timely submission of reports and inspection results to Management and Head Office, as may be required.
- Ensure prompt escalation of issues and concerns to Team Lead and Section Head in an appropriate manner.
- Keep undated on Head Office and Internal Operation Procedures, Head Office Official Circulars, and regulatory laws and regulations, and (where applicable) advise relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the development, implementation, review and revision of IOI-related Internal Operational Procedures and manuals, as may be required.
- (Where applicable) Participate in Operations Risk Committee and any other committees, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall control and governance framework.
- Collaborate with respective teams in the section in ad-hoc projects.
- Perform administrative work as may be necessary.
What you should have:
- Degree with at least 5 years prior experience in compliance, preferably in a risk management or inspection function
- Good understanding on compliance regulations
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders from various levels
- An eye for detail to identify risks
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. One MIZUHO: Building the future with you.