Senior Project Manager, IT - Ops Transformation
The Senior Project Manager will manage and oversee a number of projects on Web / Mobile applications from initiation to implementation, working with stakeholders, technical lead, vendor, QA team, project members, business sponsors and business representatives to jointly design, develop and implement digital affinity and partner solutions. The incumbent is required to plan, manage, coordinate, execute and track the progress of concurrent projects, to ensure they are successfully delivered within budget and timeline.
This role entails managing concurrent projects delivered via multiple releases, enable inter-department collaboration and influencing Enterprise strategic direction by balancing between project delivery and Enterprise Architecture roadmap. This position requires a seasoned project manager who understands both technical and management aspects to deliver strategic projects under a dynamic environment within a short timeline.
Being highly effective in engaging senior management and project sponsors, together with a strong ability to drive delivery across internal and external parties, are essential skills needed to succeed in this role. The Job
• Own the delivery of projects assigned, ensuring timely completion and within allocated budget.
• Manage project lifecycle, from pre-project budgeting, through the Delivery Lifecycle (Eg Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Security, Audits, etc), to post-implementation maintenance, in accordance with Great Eastern's Project Management Processes and Methodologies.
• Participate in pre-project activities such as estimation of project efforts, budgeting, preparation of high level project plan and timeline, resource acquisition, and staffing the project team.
• Liaise and facility across groups of business owners, IT system SMEs, IT Architects, Risk & Compliance, IT Security and QA to meet agreed project objectives.
• Monitor and track progress of projects and ability to keep abreast of various project statuses, issues and risks to ensure smooth execution.
• Analyze and highlight project risks, dependencies and develop any relevant risk mitigation plans.
• Maintain project issue register to keep close match of the project issues till their resolution.
• Being able to manage performance of both direct and non-direct reports in the project team, providing guidance in issue resolution, and mediate conflicts.
• Manage project stakeholder's expectation by understanding customers' needs and providing tangible solutions given the time, budget and resources (Eg Infrastructure, Software Stack, etc) available.
• Manage and work closely with outsourced vendors, in-house contractors, business partners and data centre vendors involved in projects.
• Provide periodic updates on project progress to sponsors and escalate project issues unresolvable promptly.
• Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
• Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
• Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.