- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Systems & Infrastructure Lead - Aspire
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Systems & Infrastructure Lead - AspireAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
A seasoned professional with deep knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Infrastructure, ERP and preferably SAP. Thorough understanding of the capabilities across the full technology stack, the Senior System and Infrastructure Lead will lead on all Infrastructure and related systems technology. The role holder will coordinate architect / design and oversee all aspects of Infrastructure and Systems delivery, ensuring appropriately sized, stable and performing platform. To manage the delivery of new and replacement infrastructure and environments from request through to Operational. This will include ensuring that the project is correctly specified, delivered on time, meets business and technical requirements and is within the agreed budget. Infrastructure Projects will be both internally and externally resourced and will therefore require third parties to be managed as part of the overall delivery.
- Provide physical infrastructure plan and approach.
- Provide the overarching view of Infrastructure performance, stability, scalability and sizing. Communicate the overarching design to the relevant stakeholders and minimise divergence from key infrastructure design principles.
- Define the blueprint and time-phased roadmap for enabling workstreams to realise their scope objectives.
- Drive cohesive strategy with key stakeholders by bringing technical expertise and operational design together.
- Continually absorb, review and monitor new technologies, patterns, and industry direction.
- Establish and manage design standards and best practices. Provide support and mentorship in all aspects of technical infrastructure, standards, and best practices.
- Ultimately accountable to deliver all infrastructure; datacentre, networks, switches, servers, environments, applications, database, operating system, applications and desktop tooling.
- Manage technology vendors in their infrastructure responsibilities and deliverables to SLA.
- Oversee infrastructure related cutover activity, firewall port opening, resilience switch testing, critical environment maintenance upgrades and patching.
- Manage security considerations and protocols, certificate management, IAM, SSO, OAM, SAML2.
- Assess the requirements of the project and recommend suitable IT components.
- Analyse different options and recommend the most suitable and economically feasible for the Aspire programme.
- Improve the IT infrastructure as opportunities are identified e.g. hyperscale cloud providers (AWS / Azure).
- Recommend upgrades, patches and new systems that will be timely and effective for Aspire objectives.
- Prepare cost estimates of IT infrastructure.
- Manage Infrastructure budget.
- Monitor infrastructure KPIs, recommend appropriate actions, change requests and memory upgrades when required.
- Ensure appropriate housekeeping and governance is followed.
- Formulate procedures and policies for optimum utilisation of IT infrastructure resources.
- Supervise IT staff, consultants, vendors and suppliers.
- Meet with leaders of different Technology & Innovation ("T&I") departments and Aspire workstreams to assess IT infrastructure needs.
- Meet with T&I analysts and stay abreast of essential IT infrastructure for the Aspire programme and the Bank.
- Plan and supervise installation of IT infrastructure.
- Make sure that the infrastructure is delivered and completed within the given timeframe.
- Interact with senior levels of management, negotiating and influencing on significant matters. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the implications of implementing various infrastructure solutions for different verticals and provide insights to inform the management of trade-offs between competing schedules and agenda.
- Identify, assess and provide solutions to solve complex problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of client, technology and organisational objectives and evaluation of variable factors. Identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for Aspire and T&I.
- Translate business requirements into the infrastructure and architecture for that solution, developing cost effective end-to-end technical solutions aligned to long term business/product strategy, target architecture and operating model; describing solutions through architecture and design artefacts (including prototypes, proof of concepts and architecture roadmaps). Solutions should be flexible and futuristic, with a focus on stability, operational scalability and low TCO.
- Take an end-to-end view in coming up with the appropriate solution, developing a sound understanding of business requirements and the operational process flows to support requirements and then defining the solution approach including system impact and enhancements required, interface related impact, data flows and their interfaces aligned to our defined architecture strategy and target operating model.
- The role holder is the single design authority for the prescribed infrastructure solution and there is implicit accountability for the infrastructure solution working as designed. The role holder will need to ensure a smooth transition and influence Business Function leaders as key stakeholders in setting and managing expectations.
- The role holder will work with key stakeholders and team members to drive out technical requirements; translate those requirements and ambitions into feasible infra solutions. This will include:
- Working with project leads to conceptualise and plan technical strategies, and identifying emerging issues. Participating in workshops with internal /external clients, as required. Conducting infrastructure design reviews with project teams prior to solution design and development activities.
- Identifying multiple solutions that can meet requirements, ensuring alignment, integration and scalability of solutions, with interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
- Communicating options and articulating the practical constraints, challenges and limitations of architectural decisions. Providing technical assistance in evaluating and developing solutions that are cost effective and meet project requirements.
- Applying professional expertise and experience to identify and select solutions (guided by global policy and practice) and translate strategy into tactics for own area.
- Actively contributing towards product design, solution options, build and buy choices, investment requests, RFPs and deal decisions. Agreeing the way forward and producing the solution design (high level and low level) based on requirements specifications.
- Driving design focus towards total operating cost optimisation (including network costs, production support, maintenance etc) and highlighting cost / value trade-offs.
- Supporting the standardisation of processes through smart solutions, to ensure a scalable operating model is in place.
- Partnering with sprint teams in developing solutions and supporting appropriate system and component level design decision-making during development and implementation.
- Ensuring the delivery of robust solutions - from small changes to large programmes and upgrades - on time, within budget and best possible quality towards achieving desired business outcomes.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of systems in the portfolio stack for scalability, maintainability, and performance. Proactively gathering statistics from production systems to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimise downtime.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Own and drive the effective governance for area of responsibility, ensuring that Bank technical, risk, regulatory and other standards and compliance requirements are met. Ensure compliance with all governance frameworks where there are direct touch points with them or any subsequent downstream influence from the Technology Team.
- Challenge executives effectively and resolve complex programme/project escalations. Escalate material technical issues, roadblocks or project risks to the Global Head, Technology in a timely manner and ensure the relevant parties undertake agreed actions to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Ensure comprehensive, accurate and timely reporting and insight are provided. Prepare executive updates, as required.
- An awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and control environment and requirements of the role, and driving compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, limits and other risk control requirements.
- Ensure all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated (controlled within acceptable boundaries and to consistent standards), monitored and reported.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weaknesses become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated to the relevant people / forums.
- Perform a line/matrix manager role for relevant project staff and provide feedback into their P3.
- Lead through example, building an appropriate (team) culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations with team and stakeholders, and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Obtain requisite project approvals (including headcount and travel approvals). Ensure the right resources are secured for the project at the right time, and are assigned appropriate tasks / responsibilities.
- Ensure technology resources for the project are properly onboarded and offboarded, in line with Group policies, processes and standards. Develop resourcing and training plan for project headcount.
- Maintain and report resource forecast with monthly granularity.
- Where resourcing constraints are identified, engage relevant stakeholders to mitigate risks
- Develop and maintain business and professional networks. Engage and manage external vendors.
- Lead and deepen relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Facilitate collaboration and alignment within and across teams, identifying areas of divergent requirements and successfully negotiating the appropriate outcome for the programme.
- Maintain effective communication with the programme's key stakeholders, ensuring information is promptly cascaded to the relevant people.
- Represent T&I at the relevant committees / working groups / MT meetings, as required.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned (i) by Line Manager (ii) under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- This role requires 10+ years of relevant IT Infrastructure experience. In addition development and delivery experience, gained at the Group level of sizeable international companies (ideally with sometime in the finance sector), with extensive specialised knowledge, technical leadership and hands on experience of market leading technologies; architecture, design and delivery processes, standards and activities; programme/project management; designing and implementing solutions involving multiple traditional and Cloud environments; mobile solution design / development; prototyping; development; configuration; testing. Strong experience and understanding of technology systems, software development methodology; off-the-shelf software; standard technical constraints, challenges and considerations; the benefits / drawbacks of different integration patterns. International exposure, a proven ability to handle cultural diversity and a track record of success in articulating complex technical matters to both technical and non-technical staff are essential to this role.
- Programme/Project management professional qualification preferred (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP®)).
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.