Senior VP, Technical Delivery Head, Mobile Chapter, Digital Banking, GTO
Posting Date: 13-Sep-2019
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG, 048616
Company: Unicom Data Bank Pte Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities The Senior IT Area Lead will specialize in multiple areas, should be extremely adaptable, delivering multiple highly complex projects/solutions. The role will be the ultimate owner of scope, requirements, technology delivery governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. He/she will be a visible and influential people leader, able to inspire, guide and train resources.
- Provide technical leadership in support of UOB digital bank implementation. Responsible for the overall delivery of the mobile/internet banking platform or country implementation of a digital banking platform. Provide management oversight to IT area leads, Chapter Leads and other senior IT professionals. Maintain strong collaboration and partnership with business and product teams.
- Provide thought leadership and facilitate the sharing of knowledge between digital bank team and across other UOB teams to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to business and customer needs. Drive strategies, technical roadmaps and implementation of digital bank portfolio
- Drive digital transformation - support and drive digital business and technology change through organisational, cultural, behavioural and process changes. Champion change initiatives and provide guidance and support on the design, implementation and communication of each initiative.
- Support the Team - Build up the right capabilities and people, equip them with the skills, tools, and standard approaches to deliver functional excellence, and ensure that they are deployed to value-creation opportunities - sometimes in long-term roles supporting the business, but more often to the small, independent squads.
- Build Capabilities - Responsible for building a "capability" to support a value-creation line; shepherding people along their career paths; evaluating and promoting people; and building standard tools, methods, and ways of working in collaboration with the Chapters and the Platform/Tribe Coaches.
- Manage By Empowering - The ITAL must manage external (vendors) and internal resources, must evaluate, promote, coach, and develop his or her people, but without traditional direct oversight. The ITAL is not involved in the day-to-day work of squads for "value creation standpoint" but has the responsibility to supervise the day-to-day (quality, velocity, productivity, resourcing, vendor management) in collaboration with team members and the Platform/Tribes/Squad business leads.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Ensures technical execution, planning, advice, support, and mentoring of developers, architects and analysts
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production. This entails working across distributed and matrixed teams.
- Deep experiences managing offshore teams in a scaled agile framework working under the direct supervision of UOB technical delivery leads
- Determines resource requirements and procures resources; manages contract project and/or program resources.
- Extremely strong understanding on all architecture layers.
- 15+ years technical and delivery experience, preferably in a banking or retail banking environment.
- Experience in mixed development methodology development waterfall and Agile delivery
- Have managed team size in excess of 100 developers.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to transform traditional development organisations into high performance squads.
- Ability to nurture individual tribe leads / IT area leads into high performing rockstars.
Apply now and make a difference.