Server Engineer - VMware & Wintel (1 Year Contract)
- Contract, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 17 May 19
As the VMware Wintel Server Engineer at Schroders, you will part of the Singapore GT Infrastructure team responsible for providing high quality support and project/change capability for all infrastructure components both in Singapore, Asia-Pacific region and working closely with the global team.
You will report into the Platforms Team Lead who is based in Singapore. The estate is currently undergoing a refresh to optimise, standardise and simplify both the technology and operational processes to facilitate a move towards automation, self-service and delivery of regional VDI. We utilise primarily virtual servers to host our estate. This role will cover a mixture of operational and project work across the APAC region working within the global Platforms team.
- Installation, maintenance, administration and support of the APAC VMware / Wintel server estate as part of a global team.
- Design, develop, and test scripts and tools to automate operational support processes, improve efficiency, responsiveness and aid the ability to scale.
- Engaging with the broader operational teams in the management and resolution of incidents and problems.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Working closely with the global teams, Storage, UNIX engineers and Information Security to ensure all designs & deployments are globally consistent, scalable, secure, monitored and supportable.
- Maintain high levels of availability across the estate.
To be successful in this role, you would need to possess the following requisites:
- Degree graduate with at least 6-8 years of relevant experience
- You have strong working knowledge of VMware, Windows Server 2016/2012, Active Directory, Citrix XenApp, SCCM, and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of platforms such as Cisco UCS, HP blade, Nutanix, Pure, HP 3Par preferred, especially in when used with metro clustering.
- Exposure to Service-Now, Sophos, Enterprise Vault, Rubrik and Netbackup preferred.
- You enjoy working in a team whilst also being able to take ownership
- Experienced creating and maintaining high quality documentation such as runbooks and design documents
- Experienced working with managed service providers or consulting firms within Financial Services or similar regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Flexibility in working times to accommodate out of core hours activities such as security patching, system migrations and project productionisation.
- Knowledge of volume management, storage backup, monitoring, capacity management, configuration management and platform resilience an advantage.
- Knowledge of security and vulnerability assessments, security hardening and audit reviews is an advantage.
- Open to consider 1 year contract