My client a leading asset manager is looking for a solid finance professional with excellent communication skills. This is a newly created role and would be part of a global finance team based in the US and Europe. Candidates must have SFRS and Local regulatory experience from the financial services industry.
Singapore Accounting Manager
The Finance team provides a broad range of timely, accurate, relevant, and objective financial information, advice, and services to its business partners while adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards.
As the Singapore Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for corporate accounting matters for Singapore and other Asia-based entities as needed. You’ll join a diverse and global team of problem solvers, innovators, and analytical thinkers as we maintain high standards for business service and help position the firm for the future.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of the accounting requirements for the Firm’s Singapore management company, including performing and overseeing:
- Day-to-day and month-end accounting processes
- The annual financial statement audit process
- Tax filings in coordination with the Tax team
- Regulatory and other statutory reporting, including periodic filings with the MAS in Singapore
- Compliance with regulatory capital, tax, and other requirements
- Forecasting and strategic initiatives
- Think dynamically, collaboratively, strategically, and globally to help the team manage risk, enhance processes, and solve problems
- Provide thought leadership on emerging accounting, regulatory, and tax topics
- Continuously improve processes to increase efficiencies, enhance controls, and create additional employee capacity
- Provide superior customer service through financial transparency, anticipating future requirements, proactive recommendations, and partnerships with other departments and functions which lead to successful results for the Firm
- Interact frequently and develop close relationships with senior members of the U.S. and international management teams, as well as regulators and local accounting, legal, and tax firms
- Present financial updates and strategic initiatives at board meetings for our APAC management companies and local and international management committees
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with auditors and advisory firms in all APAC locations.
We’re looking for a highly motivated professional with big ideas, who want to make an impact, and who will help drive a culture of integrity and excellence. This role requires you to serve as a strategic partner while also rolling up your sleeves and doing the work. Here’s what else you’ll need:
- 7 to 10 years of accounting experience including IFRS, local GAAP, and accounting policy
- Work flexibility to accommodate communication with the U.S. and European-based counterparts periodically
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting
- Experience with regulatory reporting for regulated companies in Singapore
- Experience managing accounting processes in foreign currencies
- Highly proactive and organized
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to properly prioritize and manage the expectations of numerous stakeholders
- Apply risk assessment techniques to analyze problems and focus on critical components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills/experience
- Strong experience with monthly close processes and process/systems re-engineering
- Ability to think “outside the box” while maintaining a high degree of internal control
- Commitment to the highest ethical standard
If you are keen please feel free to connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be great if you can share your updated resume with me.