- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Singapore
- 18 Feb 19
We are looking for talented Full Stack Open Source developers who want to join our engineering team in building technology solutions.
The position requires a developer with experience and expertise building modern web applications and mobile web apps using the latest back-end and front-end technology.
The position requires you to thrive on writing excellent code such that code-reviewers jump off cliffs from pure jealously. The position requires you to also have a strong understanding of good UX and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in server configuration. The positon also requires you to be highly motivated and passionately follow engineering best practices.
If this is you then come code with us. Our main programming language is PHP but we will take onboard engineers proficient in any of the web languages (Java, Python)
Skills & Requirements
- 5 years of web development experience using LAMP / LEMP stack or similar web technologies
- Possess strong understanding and experience of Object-Oriented Programming, especially in PHP and Python. Knowledge of Java could be an added advantage.
- Experience in PHP frameworks such as Symfony 2, ZF2, Laravel or proven ability to learn on the job
- Knowledge of doing simple database design and development in MySQL
- Experience in unit testing (PHPUnit, JUnit, automation techniques (Selenium WebDriver)
- Exposure to AWS, Linode, Forge.
- Exposure to collaborating tools like GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge of different development methodology and technical practices such as unit testing, pair programming, test-driven development, continuous integration or continuous delivery
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player and a sense of humor
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication in English.
- Good hands-on technical skills and competency in standard technology platforms, such as Java, J2EE, .NET, C#, SQL server, Oracle
- Working proficiency in SQL and Stored Procedures (MSSQL or Oracle)
- Good appreciation of systems development lifecycle, systems design and systems architecture
- Fintech work experience (strongly preferred)
- Competency in Python, Tableau, Informatica, Jenkins and messaging technologies
- Programming experience in object-oriented languages