Solution Lead, Processing and Settlement
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Singapore
- 20 Mar 19
Solution Lead, Processing and Settlement
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Technical Lead in the Credit Technology team! !
- The candidate will play a crucial role in spearheading techno functional analysis, design, development and L3 support around the bank's specific technology streams and its sub-system.
- The candidate will manage the solution phase of a project, overall responsible for the technical implementation ensuring technical governance. The main business domain areas are related to the Core Banking functionality in a wealth management environment.
- The candidate will need to communicate with the key business users on business demand and be able to recommend solution to meet these demands. He/she will engage different vendors and internal IT resources to source for the solution. He/she will also be responsible to coordinate with the internal IT teams (infrastructure and architecture) to set up the required infrastructure and agreed on the strategic solution. Once the project is approved, the candidate will work with the Project Manager, the users and vendors/developers to implement the project.
- Provide technical and functional leadership to system changes including projects, enhancements and L3 support
- Manage the roadmap for the bank's system platform related to core banking functionality.
- Play the role of a solution lead engaging the architects, infrastructure team and project managers to provide inputs, and effort estimates to the development of the various project artifacts namely logical design, functional design, technical design, project initiation document.
- Decide on the model of development and manage the selection process of the vendor for the Project or engagement of the developers
- Play the role as a tech lead to support the Project Managers to execute the development phase of the project. Manage the internal and external development team to deliver required software application change enhancements (CRs), bug fixes, and change for risk remediation.
- To deliver prototypes (when relevant) based on high level business and functional requirements.
- Ensure all development have been unit tested in compliance to design and functional specifications and provide support to downstream testing such as SIT and UAT.
- Provide 3rd Level Application Support for analysis and issue resolution; assist team lead in technical problem root cause analysis and see to delivering solution to eliminate or fix root cause in production problems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of business processes and solution design.
- Provide and demonstrate technical leadership to junior team member
- Degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline
- At least 12 to 15 years of financial technology background experience in core banking functions application development and support required. Experience in Wealth Management is a plus.
- Experience in the disciple of System development life cycle (SDLC) process, especially in the solution, analysis, testing and implementation phases of the SDLC processes.
- Knowhow on Agile methodology would be a plus.
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience developing with technologies in JAVA (Core + Java EE), Java Web service, SQL, preferably in a financial institution
- Strong skills database technologies including physical data model design, stored procedures, functions, indexes, performance tuning and understanding execution plans.
- Strong experience in the field of Data management, Data Warehousing and ETL
- Knowledge on Private Banking operations will be a plus.
- Previous experience with platforms such as TEMENOS T24 or Triple A will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, able to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently and manage business expectations accordingly.
- Experience in creating and documenting design, technical specification, test cases and unit test scripts.
- Experience of software engineering governance disciplines like SEI-CMMi, Agile development is an advantage
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently and manage business expectations accordingly.