Support Analyst (Risk, Regulatory & Finance)
Application Support is a technical leadership SME function within Run-the-Bank team and provides the delivery of Production Support services for relevant Private Banking applications for users in Asia Pacific. He/She has ultimate responsibility for production stability and continual service improvement
The candidate will play a crucial role in spearheading application support around the bank's specific technology streams and its sub-system. The candidate will manage the application life cycle management, the operational data platform, application support and overall technical governance. The main business domain areas are Risk (i.e. credit and market), Regulatory and Finance in a wealth management environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of application support activities which includes day-to-day business-as-usual support, software upgrades, change management & deployment for application implementations.
- Resolve application specific (functional) user queries and production incidents (technical, workflow or data issues), with a focus on Problem Management techniques in order to establish root cause. Make recommendations on how to permanently resolve reoccurring incidents and see through to implementation.
- Ensure application management services are delivered within agreed SLA and KPI.
- Accountable for compliance, risk remediation and IT governance for applications and staff
- Build up both functional and technical application support competency to Level 2 & 3 capabilities via a structured Knowledge Management framework that encompasses continuous training & supported by a robust knowledge base
- Proactively strive for improvements in system availability and stability to achieve maximum uptime for the various application systems
- Work with the Technology Architecture team to ensure the system design cater to operational considerations right from the start so that technology operational risks can be minimized and the application data is appropriately structured & controlled within the business units.
- Work directly with vendors onsite and offshore on resolutions to production incidents as and when needed, in order to focus on production stability.
- Play an active supporting role in the support and management of the batch runs with a focus on reviewing trend data to drive continual improvement on COB durations and reduction in COB related issues.
- Drive the delivery of functional and technical specifications for outstanding system bugs or required enhancements. Undertake testing of all application bug fixes and enhancements as part of the release management process.
- Provide on-call support and afterhours/weekend support as needed, covering application support and application change deployment.
- Participate in projects design, testing, implementation and handover. Ensure the service transitions check list are fulfilled before the projects are being on-boarded into BAU support.
- Degree in an IT related discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in supporting Risk, Finance and / or Regulatory Reporting business units. Ability to work under pressure, independently and systematic /analytical thinking are required.
- Good analytical skill with mandatory solid experience on MSSQL, SSIS, SSRS. Experience on programming (.NET, VBA etc) will be an added advantage.
- Competent team and organizational skills; and able to work confidently and collaboratively across functional teams
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification is strongly preferred.
- Financial technology background experience (Private Banking and/or Investment Banking preferred)
- Track record of leading production support team with a focus on analysing and fixing issues/problems.
- Track record in incident review, root cause analysis and experience in the use of root cause analysis and problem solving techniques and tools.
- Experience in delivering projects related to Finance, Risk & Regulatory streams will be an added advantage
- Able to respond effectively to changing requirements and priorities.
- Should be flexible to work in shifts
- Strong IT aptitudes, reliable, flexible and adaptable. Able to interact closely with stakeholders to understand their pain points, and able to propose and influence the design of solutions to resolve these pain points.