We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploring robust information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
We are reaching out to potential talents to join Technology Group, Business Partnership and Solutions team as a VP, Lead Solutions Architect, Risk and Performance Solutions.
This role will lead, drive and manage all project aspects of technology solutions to risk and performance functions in GIC, to continuously review and enhance our complex and mission-critical risk and performance analytics platform. Responsibilities
- Engage business stakeholders to have an excellent understanding of business needs and priorities.
- Design, code and support robust portfolio risk and performance analytics platforms used across all asset classes by risk managers, investment professionals and senior management
- Collaborate with data management teams to build data pipelines and ingest a wide variety of data to support the risk and performance platforms
- Mentors, coaches and provide technical leadership to a team of junior developers
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Advanced certifications in FRM and CFA is highly advantageous.
- At least 10 years of relevant technology experience in financial services industry, preferably in financial risk management.
- Include 3 to 5 years of experience in leading high performing software development teams.
- Familiar and hands on experience on SQL, and/or relational database designs, Python
- Ideal if you have relevant exposures in Docker, and/or other DevOps capabilities.
- Added advantage if you know Unix and Shell scripting.
- Strong engagement withbusiness and stakeholders, ability to collaborate and identify new opportunities and explore new technologies.
- Strong analytical skills to understand complex business needs and propose creative technology solutions.
- Passionate about technology and in touch with uprising technology trends.