VP / AVP, Application Development Lead (Lending Application), Institutional Banking Group Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Application Development Lead is responsible for the design and delivery of Lending application development/enhancement
- Experience in Workflow, BRMS Rule Engine and Java will be advantageous.
- Ability to direct the team from development from concept, solution design to testing and implementation.
- Participate in requirements analysis and be able to make risk assessments of larger system design and come up with alternative designs.
- Research in new 3rd party/open source libraries, new technologies.
- Evaluate and communicate technical risk and ensure applications are delivered against a schedule with the highest quality.
- Able to define cost estimate track the project financials for the delivery over the entire lifecycle from inception to implementation.
- Working with business analyst and End Users within organization.
- Plan and get the performance load testing and regression testing conducted.
- Responsible for mentoring junior team members.
- Degree in Computing / Computer Science / Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Financial Services industry, preferably in Lending domain
- Proven experience in functional analysis and design in the domain of Java-based applications
- Proven experience as development team lead.
- Experience in Agile methodology and as Scrum Master preferred.
Must be analytical, solution oriented, and able to propose and follow through both transformational and incremental change
Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work within the department, across the broader T&O department, with business partners and with vendors.
Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels, and both internally and externally. Concise and precise.
Leadership and management skills/ Drive
- Self-disciplined and motivated - Ability to work independently without much supervision
- A pro-active 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to prioritize and self manage time and tasks
- Unix: Windows, Linux
- Java: J2EE, EJB, JNDI, Spring batch Restful, Hibernate, SOAP, SVN/Maven, Jmeter, BPMN
- Database: Oracle/MySQL, SQL, MariaDB
- Web Container: WebSphere, Jboss, Tomcat.
- Development and testing tools
- Development experience and knowledge of Corporate Loan Applications would be advantageous
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.