VP / AVP, Data Scientist, Grp Fin Corp Treasury, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Responsibilities
- To design and develop algorithms/models for addressing specific business problems around the areas of Balance Sheet and Capital Management
- To explore and build up long term capabilities in various domains such as reinforcement learning, stochastic optimization, Bayesian frameworks, deep learning and machine learning
- To partner with business leads to identify opportunities for collaboration and development of analytics solutions
- To operationalize algorithms/models into re-usable libraries for the team
- To automate the algorithms/models by leveraging on existing tools and frameworks
- Curious individual that has a strong interest in exploring various technical domains in the areas of analytics and data science.
- 3-7 years of experience in applied statistical learning, machine learning and data science with tangible outcomes.
- Academic background with industrial research experience will be strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills, especially one who can explain complicated models and simplify them.
- A keen learner who desires to learn and acquire new knowledge both in business and technical domains, as well as to acquire proficiency in new tools, languages and techniques.
- A strong team player who can contribute as an individual, while being a mentor to other team members through sharing of knowledge.
- Extremely proficient in Python development, with in-depth knowledge of libraries such as Scikit learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras
- Proficient in software development, especially in big-data tools such as Spark, Hive etc.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.