As the number one supplier for our client, an international bank based in Zurich, Swisslinx are looking for a highly motivated Business Analyst to join a brand new regulatory project with chance to shape the delivery of regulatory requirements as part of a global impairment program for new accounting IFRS and US GAAP standards
This is a rolling contract starting in September with a strong chance of renewal, located in Zurich.
As the successful candidate you will join a highly motivated team of finance and IT professionals within the Credit Risk Officer department of the bank implementing fundamental changes in the accounting for credit losses on accrual accounted loans and loan commitments under IFRS, as well as under US-GAAP. The new approach will result in an increased valuation allowance.
You will be charged with delivering the highest data quality possible. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Overall management for the project perspective to assure a smooth transfer into Business as Usual (BAU)
- A close collaboration with the project team, IT and the business to assure that newly designed internal banking system will work as designed
- Remediation of any and all End Used Computing (EUC's)
- The opportunity to work directly with the business to resolve day to day issues that arise as a result of the Business Requirements Document implementation. Communication back to the line manager for resolution to meet goals is an important part to the role.
- A challenging role to build different utility tools that help the business with data quality issues and improves business as usual activities.
- Hands on involvement in analysis and answering of project related adhoc queries mainly related to the Business Requirements Document.
- The opportunity to assist in project development work which will simplify and improve internal customer needs.
- Assist it testing of models and data quality outputs of test case scenarios
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of Business Analyst experience in the banking industry
- Proven track record with defect management and knowledge of testing tools
- Experience remediating data quality issues
- Good experience with MS Access, Excel, databases and SQL
- Ability to comprehensively communicate with internal customers, colleagues and superiors, both face to face and via telephone
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience on IFRS, IFRS9 and/or US GAAP/Swiss GAAP Accounting Treatment nice to have
- Fluency in English
Are you interested in a new challenge to join a major Program initiative with the chance to join and collaborate with an international team and have regular interactions with various departments across the bank? Then please send us your full CV or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA