Chief of Staff
- Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 24 Apr 19
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
Role: Chief of Staff
Job Description Summary
To effectively support the Executive Committee and specifically the Group CEO. To act as right hand for the CEO and ensure the smooth running of the CEO office. To ensure effective planning delivery and follow through at Exec level. This role involves being a strategist, consultant and implementer. This is an ideal role for a manager to gain insight into the strategy and the operational/commercial workings of the business and be involved in the day to day running of a British plc.
To act as an advisor to the CEO and Exec team, assisting them in facilitating effective decision making.
To co-ordinate the execution of strategic initiatives, with specific responsibility for delivery of one or two key projects, ensuring co-ordination and realisation of benefits
To ensure delivery and follow through of all the items discussed and to be actioned by the Executive Committee
To prepare Agendas of Exec Committee meetings, send out papers in a timely fashion, and take notes of the key points discussed and associated actions.
To co-ordinate responses, including planning of follow up meetings and preparation of associated papers/presentations. To align views such that all clearly understand what has been agreed.
- Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across all departments
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Experience of organising and co-ordinating programmes/projects across various business areas
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to translate and operationalise strategy into action plans
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and oral
- Track record of delivery at pace, whilst bringing others with him/her
- Experience of working at Exec/Board level, ideally in more than one organisation
- Focuses on the success of the Exec team and the business
Education and Qualifications
- Degree qualification preferable
- Project Management (Prince), Lean or Six Sigma qualification/experience an advantage
- Minimum 3 years senior executive level experience
- Personal Characteristics
- High level of intellect and natural curiosity
- Versatile and agile
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure
- Action oriented, with strong delivery focus
- Commercial in focus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly confidential, with ability to win trust and be credible at the senior level
- Able to take a pragmatic, common sense approach
- Possess an exceptional EQ to build and maintain trustworthy relationships
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.