DevSecOps Engineer Senior Associate
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 May 19
DevSecOps Engineer Senior Associate
PwC is looking to recruit DevSecOps specialists at a Senior Associate grade to extend the capability of the DevSecOps business.
In this role, you will act as a DevSecOps subject matter expert and deliver security-focused engagements with development and security teams. You will help clients embed leading application and software security practices into their DevOps processes, as well as develop the PwC DevSecOps methodology.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in DevSecOps practices, Native Cloud, software engineering and have demonstrable experience of working with clients in an advisory or consultative environment. The ability to communicate application & software security to business leaders is a key value.
This role would suit someone who is looking for a unique opportunity to extend and develop their DevSecOps knowledge to establish themselves as a leader in modern application delivery and software security techniques.
About the role
- Delivery of DevSecOps assignments, including producing documentation and reports.
- Providing advice on security best practices, and guide clients in developing, adopting and enforcing security policies appropriate to their cloud platforms of choice.
- Acting as a mentor to the development teams with a view to implementing leading application development and security practices.
- Reviewing and enhancing security architectural designs, blue prints and roadmaps.
- Creating, reviewing and implementing security design patterns to support application architectures.
- Consulting with application business owners to support development of business requirements.
- Creating and enhancing CI/CD pipelines to include security tools and checks.
- Driving the development of DevSecOps toolkits, methodologies and accelerators.
- Determining security requirements, planning, implementing and preparing codified security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understanding current compliance frameworks for cloud providers, as well as future trends
- Translating customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements.
- Performing manual security assessments & static code analysis against software source code, web applications and API's across a variety of technology stacks
- Supporting senior members of the team in developing client proposals and solution offerings.
- Maintaining technical IT knowledge and certifications, sharing this knowledge with junior team members.
- Working with colleagues in other services areas and support our clients' cyber security needs.
You will have hands-on experience working within a DevOps environment where you have demonstrated success in helping enterprise clients deploy important workloads to the cloud. You will have played a pivotal role in building and running the automated test cycle to ensure deployments are secure and compliant.
- As a specialist, you will have experience identifying, assessing and providing remediation options for software, web application and cloud technology related security risks.
- You will possess a solid understanding of native cloud security tools on one or more of the major cloud platforms.
- You have advanced knowledge of cloud security principles from organizations such as CSA, NIST, NCSC, and CSCC.
- You can demonstrate hands-on experience in building and securing CI/CD pipelines.
- You have extensive experience using DevOps tools, such as Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, etc.
- You have extensive experience with container orchestration.
- You are experienced with agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Lean.
- You have extensive experience of security focused Software Composition Analysis, SAST and DAST tools, such as Sonatype, Fortify, Veracode, Contrast, AppScan, etc., and can integrate them into automated pipelines.
- You have a detailed understanding of security operations and risk.
- You possess strong knowledge of microservice architectures' and API based solutions.
- You have expert familiarity with multiple programming languages and secure coding practices.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent (preferably 2 1 or higher) in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security) or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) is strongly preferred and a Master's degree in relevant field is desired.
- Cloud security certifications such as CCSK, CCSP, CCSS, PCSM, AWS Certified Security, MCSA, MCSE, and Professional Google Cloud Security Engineer are desirable.
- Security accreditations such as CSSLP, CREST, OCSP, OSCE, and CISSP are not required but are highly desirable.
- Variety - An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both a technical and strategic level.
- Opportunity - To develop your technical and business skills and enhance your business advisory, presentational and interpersonal skills.
- Support - We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
- Training - PwC is recognized for the quality of its training programs that cover both technical and 'soft' skills.
- Challenge - We work in an atmosphere which encourages you to be proactive and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs
Travel: Up to 70%
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity