Platform Implementation Engineer
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PwC UK
- 17 Apr 19
Platform Implementation Engineer
About PwC Operate
PwC Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas.
About PwC Operate
PwC Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges. Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including Financial Crime Operations, Compliance Operations, Augment and Customer Management. We have almost 1,100 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
PwC Operate is seeking Implementation Engineers to join our rapidly growing Technology team based in Belfast. Our Technology team is dedicated to researching, developing, testing, implementing and supporting innovative technology solutions for the wider PwC organisation and its clients and stakeholders.
As the Platform Implementation Engineer, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to modern technologies including; Workflow platforms, Low Code platforms, Robotic Process Automation, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Software Development.
The types of platforms you'll be working with will be typically SaaS or cloud hosted with browser based interfaces to support complex activities in project management, financial crime, regulatory compliance or legal contract review. They will require a mix of technical excellence as well as developing subject matter depth in order to support the business users of these platforms.
You'll be thoroughly trained on the relevant platforms and products we support and will have the opportunity to work closely with the developers of these platforms on a day to day basis.
This person will be responsible for providing ongoing technical support and interacting with key PwC Operate clients and stakeholders, therefore excellent communication skills are vital to be successful in this position.
- Understanding our clients' business needs and developing solutions to meet these needs and solve complex problems
- Liaise with clients to gather requirements and progress these towards a workable solution
- Liaising with external vendor support to gain deeper insight into the platforms we use and become a technology Subject Matter Expert in this area
- Onboarding clients; installing and configuring applications according to client requirements and loading client data where relevant
- Optimisation of existing client environments in response to requests for change or proactive performance monitoring
- Occasional travel to client or vendor site
This role will need someone who is technically minded, innovative and has a good understanding of business requirements gathering. An analytical thinker capable of decision making when under pressure; you will be well organised with a technical bias.
- A relevant technology/business degree or 1 - 2 years relevant experience in a technical discipline
- Experience of gathering and refining business and technical requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all business levels
- Ability to view and identify problems and represent these internally from a client's perspective
- Formal project management qualification such as Agile PM, Prince2 etc
- Ability in working with relational databases
- Business Analysis and Agile methodology experience
- Hands on development in any programming languages
- Experience using project management software
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Project Management Office experience
- Legal or Contractual awareness
- Cloud (GCP / Azure / AWS)
This new and exciting role may suit candidates with experience in a wide variety of technical roles including; 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line Support, Software Testing, Business Analyst, Product Owner, Software Development, Implementation engineer and more.
This role is a rare opportunity to help shape the way PwC Operate develop and support their growing technology infrastructure with the chance to gain valuable experience in an agile software development environment. There will be a lot of opportunities for exposure to our firmwide technology network and potential to develop into a role in one of our many growing technology functions throughout PwC.
If you are looking for a role that offers excellent benefits and career progression within one of the largest professional services firms in the world as well as a dynamic and upbeat working environment then please apply for immediate consideration.