Software Engineer II
Business Intelligence Developer - Belfast
2022 is an exciting year for technology professionals to join CME Group following the recent $1bn equity investment from Google. CME Group has also agreed a long-term partnership with Google to migrate our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud in a visionary partnership to transform the global derivatives markets through technology.
"Bringing together CME Group's best-in-class financial talent with Google Cloud's deep engineering expertise will help accelerate technological innovation in capital markets infrastructure." - Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud.
Our highly skilled technology professionals will continue to design, develop and support the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, and with the upcoming migration to Google Cloud and the launch of several new products and services, there has never been a more exciting time join CME Group.
The Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Team secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
• The business Intelligence reports and dashboard developer is responsible for developing and managing Tableau Dashboards. Experience with other BI tools such as: Business Objects and Qlik will be a plus.
• Applies basic tools knowledge to maintain designs to reflect modifications.
• Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working (little exposure).
• Exhibits elementary knowledge of database SQL, including basic database modelling and tuning.
• Built dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
• Familiarity of administration tasks such as publishing workbooks, setting permissions, managing ownerships, providing access to the users and adding them to the specific group and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau Server.
• Familiarity with phases of BW/BI full life cycles including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, post-production support/maintenance, documentation and end-user training.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.