Software Engineer III
ETL Developer - Belfast
2022 is an exciting year for technology professionals to join CME Group following the recent $1bn equity investment from Google. CME Group has also agreed a long-term partnership with Google to migrate our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud in a visionary partnership to transform the global derivatives markets through technology.
"Bringing together CME Group's best-in-class financial talent with Google Cloud's deep engineering expertise will help accelerate technological innovation in capital markets infrastructure." - Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud.
Our highly skilled technology professionals will continue to design, develop and support the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, and with the upcoming migration to Google Cloud and the launch of several new products and services, there has never been a more exciting time join CME Group.
The Software Engineer III engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Responsible for design and development of ETL mappings using Informatica Power Center (Including IICS - Cloud) to extract and load data from multiple source systems and formats (structured and unstructured).
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing within system. Enables broad testing system-wide without all components in place.
- Intermediate knowledge of database SQL, as well as basic database modelling and elementary tuning.
- Intermediate proficiency in language knowledge; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
- Optimizes code for key performance metrics. Offers complex insights during code reviews and helps with environmental build deployments, release notes and build notices; Identifies source of defects and issues. Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects. Troubleshoots own code and helps others find bugs in own code.
- Uses design or analysis patterns periodically, following SDLC process independently.
- Uses design/CASE tools to occasionally share and communicate design ideas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- 4+ years of ETL experience on Informatica and PL/SQL
- Database fundamentals including performance and schema design.
- SQL development experience, data modelling.
- Working experience in Shell Scripting, Unix and Linux
- Maintain existing warehouse, reporting and analytic solutions by providing production support for troubleshooting and regular processing needs.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.