Tax, Associate - New Law
PwC is the world's premier professional services firm with 3,500 professionals in over 90 countries around the world. In the UK, our legal practice is fully integrated into the PwC partnership and our vision is to harness the expertise of the firm to provide end-to-end, technology-enabled services to meet our clients' needs.
Our New Law services department is one of the most highly regarded and fastest growing practice areas within the network. We have a multi-disciplinary team across multiple regions including London, Birmingham, Leeds and Belfast which is dedicated to providing an exceptional high standard of service to our clients. We are supporting them in managing their legal operations, by assisting them in transforming their law departments to become more efficient and providing process and technology optimised managed legal services and contract review and remediation services.
Our clients include numerous household names, MNCs and listed groups as well as privately owned companies across a range of sectors. The work we undertake is often high profile and cross-border in nature and can involve other legal teams in the PwC international network. Our teams often work with Consulting, Deals, Tax and other professionals from within PwC to deliver a comprehensive and integrated service to our clients. About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the legal team based in our Belfast office, working closely with our London and other regional offices. We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual with a passion for client service. We are experiencing significant growth in both our private and public sector practices largely due to our ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster. This is the ideal environment for an individual who wants to be part of the future of legal services and solve real business problems.
Your role as a Paralegal will vary depending on the projects you are supporting and the clients we are working with, but may include
- Supporting Lawyers in their day-to-day duties
- Undertaking administrative tasks
- Engaging with technology to ensure successful project outcomes
- Support Client onboarding processes
- Gathering/collation of financial information
- Performing compliance checks on client documentation
- Document collation, evidencing paper trail of transactions
- Research - collating and preparing reports
- Data input of key information into spreadsheets and or proprietary systems
- Contract and documentation review - identify key facts, anomalies, etc.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following
- excellent communication skills and a positive "can do" attitude - ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration;
- good technical legal skills;
- a keen ability to learn in a fast moving, innovative and technology enabled environment and a desire to be part of the movement to modernise the in-house delivery of legal services and advance the New Law Services practice.
- experience in a Paralegal role
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity