Communications Manager, South Region
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Mar 19
Communications Manager, South Region
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced communications professional to join a well-respected in-house communications team, at one of the world's largest international accounting firms.
Based in Birmingham (but with flexibility for this role to be based in either Reading or Bristol) and reporting directly to the Head of External Communications and Head of Communications & Engagement, UK & Ireland, you will work closely with and be an integral part of the 20+ strong communications (internal and external) function for UK and Ireland.
You will act as a communications adviser to senior leaders across the Midlands, South West, East and Thames Valley/South Coast regions (across Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Luton, Reading and Southampton).
A dynamic and assertive self-starter, you will have the intellectual rigour and creative flair to work with complex and sometimes technical subject matter and turn these into compelling campaigns aimed at our people and the local media, the latter of which you will be expected to have strong proven relationships with.
You will be part of an extended communications team based in London and other regional locations, whilst working alongside marketing teams across the South regions.
Your key responsibilities
Working closely with the Office Managing Partners, you will advise on and implement the firm's communications (internal and external) strategy. The communications strategy supports the firm's growth ambitions and business objectives, while building and protecting the firm's brand and reputation with our people and the market.
Either from an in-house or agency background with experience of working with corporate, financial or professional services organisations, you will have experience of advising clients on how to build effective communication programmes which engage our people and regional / UK media.
Skills and attributes for success
- A self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude and the drive and enthusiasm to get the job done
- Experience of working with and influencing senior executives/ leadership
- Excellent networking experience / skills in a wide range of situations and with people at all levels within an organisation
- Initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail; reliability
- Understanding and experience of people engagement and change management programmes
- Proven experience of creating and executing internal and external communication strategies that support business objectives and produce measurable improvements in business performance
- A deep understanding of, and keen interest in, print and broadcast media relations
- Full understanding and experience of all internal communications media - event management, newsletter production, print and electronic media production
- A strong contact book of key regional business press across the South of England
- Excellent writing skills are fundamental
Ideally, you'll also have
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- IT literacy: a sound command of the Windows Office programs
- Experience of working in a complex, matrix environment
What we look for:
A competent and highly motivated communications specialist with extensive stakeholder management experience at a senior level.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Apply now. #L-IP EYBMC