Senior Associate Midlands External Audit
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
We have more than 2000 employees working with over 1000 clients in the Midlands. Our Midlands region has a great reputation and this is all down to our employees. When you join us you'll be surrounded by a team who work collaboratively with major clients at a local, national and global level. You'll be joining us at an exciting time - we're seeing strong economic growth in the Midlands. You'll discover a uniquely diverse and continually expanding range of work within Assurance - with clients from almost every sector including retail, construction and property investment, manufacturing, media, financial services and technology. Our offices in Birmingham, East Midlands and Milton Keynes each have their own unique qualities, and you'll
feel our strong sense of community when you arrive. We'll invite you to be part of our social scene and community initiatives, so you'll feel right at home.
About the team
The Midlands Practice consists of 3 networked offices in Birmingham, East Midlands (situated close to East Midlands Airport) and Milton Keynes. Birmingham is our largest office outside of London.
With more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Midlands Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through major public sector organisations to FTSE100 and large global businesses.
The role is based in our Birmingham office and may require some travel to cover the Midlands region, and potentially to support national projects, by exception.
In this position you will have a role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. You will gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work including external audit, internal audit and financial due diligence. In addition you will also be involved with training, managing and appraising staff.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients are often well known brands, covering most industry areas, and many have broad international reach.
Our Assurance services, including external and internal audit, use the latest technology and off shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference. Outside of our client work, the office has a great community and social programme. We pride ourselves on our community affairs activities which over the recent years have included various fundraising days and volunteering support for local charities. All our staff are actively encouraged to participate and are given the time to do so.
About the role
You'll be involved with:
- Providing audit and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities;
- Supporting the co-ordination for audit clients including planning, day to day control, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients;
- Working and liaising with other members of the audit team, and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality client service;
As a Senior Associate within the Midlands you will:
- Provide audit and business advice to a variety of clients
- Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality clients service
- Report directly to a partner, director, senior manager or manager
- Have supervisory responsibility for teams of up to 10 people
- Coach and train other staff
- Some assignments may require travel and staying away from home.
Essential skills and experience
- ACA qualification
- Experience in auditing large organisations
- US GAAP and/or UK GAAP experience
- Demonstrated team player
- Proven track record of establishing client relationships
- Ability to work to work on your own initiative
Who We Are Looking For
You will have strong relationship building skills with both clients and other internal teams and a proactive approach to problem solving. You will also need a reasonable degree of flexibility to travel to meet the needs of our client base.