About the team A Tax Senior Manager is required to work in the Birmingham office as part of the Midlands tax team.
Our Midlands tax practice is a thriving team which is at the heart of ambitious growth plans for PwC. At PwC we challenge ourselves to find new ways to exceed the expectations of our clients and our people. Working closely with our London teams, you will have the opportunity to work with some of PwC's largest clients, while enjoying the benefits of living and working in the Midlands, being part of the transformation of the heart of Birmingham and, from next year, working in our brand new building in Chamberlain Square.
Our clients include a wide range of businesses including some of the largest businesses in the Midlands, high profile international clients, Private Equity, Government, private businesses and high net worth individuals. We are proud of the diversity and depth of specialism of our teams in the Midlands, this means we can offer not only exceptional value to our clients, but a depth and variety of experience for our people which is unrivalled outside London.
You will be based in the Midlands, but will quickly grow your network of other specialists in the firm to bring the best of PwC to our clients. You will be a creative problem solver capable of coordinating the input of multiple specialists alongside your own area of expertise.
About the role We are looking for ambitious tax specialists with a background in corporate tax.
This is a client facing role. You will be expected to start managing relationships with a range of clients with complex international tax situations from day one. You will also develop our presence in the market place, as well as build your reputation across PwC's global network. Core focus areas of the role include:
- Relationship Management: You will be responsible for managing your client relationships ensuring that client communication is pitched at the right level and delivered by appropriate team members in a timely manner. You will have responsibility for identifying key opportunities and risks for clients and reviewing complex tax returns and other tax calculations. You will also be responsible for ensuring risk is managed effectively on your clients. You will also have responsibility for coordinating the provision of services by overseas PwC teams.
- Team Management: You will be responsible for managing a team and be responsible for development of junior staff through providing technical and soft skill training. You will also be responsible for providing detailed and constructive feedback to your colleagues throughout the year and at formal review times.
- Finances: You will be responsible for the financial management and profitability of your client engagements including preparing budgets, maintaining efficiency and billing on a timely basis.
- Personal development: You will be supported in your personal development to enable you to stay current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation in the UK. You will also play a role in the technical development and training of your team both formally through training sessions and in day-to-day interactions.
- Consulting: Together with senior colleagues you will work on consulting projects. This will include producing high quality technical writing for both clients and external marketing that requires little revision supported with technical research using appropriate tools. You will be expected to deepen and drive the technical understanding of a particular area of taxation and build your reputation as a subject matter specialist.
- Network Development: You will establish your reputation within the firm and the external market as a tax professional and use these networks to identify client opportunities and to assist with growing the business.
Essential skills and experience • UK professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA/legal qualification) or overseas equivalent.
• You will have gained significant UK or international tax advisory experience.
• You will need a flexible approach to allow you to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
• You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internally.
• You will need strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
• You will have experience of project managing and delegating work within a team context.
• You will have a focus on self-development and in the development of others in your teams.
Desirable skills and experience
- Leading on tax structuring or tax deals assignments.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity