Legal Counsel role, based in Brighton, within the Higher Education Sector
Based in Brighton, Sussex, our client works with leading Universities across the world to assist them in securing international students and providing plans and operations to support those students internationally. They have enrolled nearly 70000 students from nearly 200 countries and have nearly 200 staff based globally.
With growth, they are seeking to hire a Legal Counsel to provide essential legal support and day-to-day advice across the UK operations and being responsible for a diverse range of commercial, corporate, data protection and legal compliance projects. This role is an excellent opportunity for a junior lawyer to join a dynamic and thriving company where they can benefit from early responsibility.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts and general terms and conditions
- Dealing with, and advising on, day to day data protection queries
- Proactively identifying legal risks to the business and assist in developing strategies and internal documents to mitigate risk
- Providing training on legal and compliance matters to non-legal functions
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years' PQE.
- Experience of drafting contracts is essential.
- Commercially astute and able to work as part of a wider team
Please apply using the link provided.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.