Data Quality Manager
- GBP43353 - GBP50578 per annum
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
At Lloyds Banking Group we've built the UK's largest Digital Bank. We have increased the number of active online banking users to 12.5 million, with mobile users increasing to over 8 million.
We strive daily towards our vision of being the best bank for our customers, and we're well on our way thanks to the efforts of our people and their passion of making a difference.
The Transformation Programme is one of the largest programmes in the Bank and a key vehicle for the Bank to accomplish its vision and become a pioneer in the way digital technologies and experiences service our customers across channels.
Delivery & Data play a key role in Lloyds Banking Group becoming the Best Bank for Customers, as we put our customers and their data at the heart of the solutions we deliver. We think differently to deliver efficiently, collaboratively and innovatively. And we invest in our team to make it a great place to work.
Now is an exciting time to join our team as we lead the delivery of key improvements in the Group's data operations.
We are responsible for application ownership of strategic group data assets providing the Group with data that is understood, available, reliable and used…enabling us to get closer to our customers.
Across the banking industry Data Quality (DQ) is receiving increased attention and focus, LBG is responding to this by developing DQ as a core pillar within and growing the competency group-wide. As a highly visible topic, DQ is an area to be in right now as it is key to building trust in the data we own and consume as a Group. In joining our team you would play a key role in measuring, remediating, improving and governing the quality of the Group's data assets within key strategic applications.
As a motivated and experienced data practitioner, your DQ skills are in high demand and you appreciate the value and importance of quality data. This is a fantastic opportunity to join Delivery & Data, in a stimulating and challenging work environment.
Together we'll make a difference…
Key Accountabilities for this role:
* Understanding how the design and detail of business processes impact DQ, being able to identify and articulate data quality gaps, risks and opportunities relevant to change programmes
* Provisioning, management and assurance of DQ rules and controls striving for continuous improvement in the design and deployment of DQ controls and rules
* Challenge and expand the existing rules applied and investigate new tools and approaches to data quality measurement across both existing and future systems (i.e. Big Data)
* Acting as a source of expertise for data quality, supporting DQ consultancy activities within change for the applications we own
* Engaging with data stewards, end users and applications owners to quantify the impact of DQ issues and establish root cause
* Engaging with data owners and application owners to agree tactical and strategic remediation of DQ root causes, agreeing approach, scope, tracking and oversight of DQ issues through to resolution
* Building relationships with stakeholders and be part of a growing network of data specialists that champion DQ improvements and consistency across business units and within source systems
* Comprehensive understanding of how data can support the overall service to customers and delivery of the Group's business objectives.
What we're looking for;
* Demonstrable experience with Big Data solutions, Data Quality in particular
* Previous experience in Data Quality issue remediation and identification
In return we'll offer you a great package including a performance related bonus, car/allowance, generous pension contribution, 30 Days leave plus bank holidays, a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits and other wider corporate benefits and perks.
We also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you….