- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 May 19
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
Change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to deliver their best work. The role will facilitate new ways of working within teams using agile techniques. Supporting teams to deliver more effectively is the main goal.
Enterprise Data - Scrum Master
Enterprise Data is at the centre of transforming the Bank through unlocking the value of data for the Group and our Customers.
Enterprise Data is made up of 5 core labs and this specific role is within the Customer Data Services Lab which is at the centre of enabling the delivery of a number GEC level metrics and change programmes that deliver on the Group's strategic objectives.
Demand from value streams is huge for Customer Data, and this is a team that will is expanding in order to fulfil the this demand and meet the challenge of unprecedented number of customer system migrations within LBG, focus on customer data quality to enhance customer experience and customer journeys, as well as understanding technology change including the move of core capability to cloud based technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and lead high performing scrum teams in Customer Data lab. You'll play a leading role in implementing agile mind-sets and ways of working for a highly aspirational team in their journey of agile adoption.
As Scrum Master in the Customer Data Lab we will invest in you to develop your core skills and your knowledge of customer data so that you realise your potential in your role within Customer Data as well as your future career.
- Exhibiting Agile leadership - You will help the team embrace Agile Core Values , adopt and apply Agile Principles, and implement Agile practices.
- Supporting the team rules - The rules of an Agile Team are lightweight, but they are rules nonetheless, and as the Scrum Master, you'll be responsible for reinforcing them. These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed.
- Leading team efforts in relentless improvement - You will helps the team members improve and take responsibility for their actions; you'll be tasked with facilitating the team retrospective, and ensuring that improvements are tested and implemented.
- Facilitating ceremonies - You will be responsible for facilitating all team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning , Sprint Review , and Sprint Retrospective .
- Product Owner Support - The Scrum Master will help the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Eliminate impediments - Where blocking issues are beyond the team's authority or may require support from other teams, you will actively address these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the sprint.
- Build a high-performing team - You'll have a firm focus on creating ever-improving team dynamics and performance.
- Protect and communicate - You'll be expected to communicate with management and external stakeholders; and help protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Facilitate external team collaboration - Where applicable, you'll be expected to assist the coordination of inter-team cooperation with external teams in the lab by helping to facilitate valuable team alignment ceremonies.
- Support estimation and planning - You'll guide the team in establishing normalized estimates and help the team understand how to estimate epics and stories.
You must adhere to and model, the following core capabilities in delivering your role.
- Lloyds Banking Group's Values
- Lloyds Banking Group's Codes of Responsibility
- A great teammate, who is comfortable getting his or her hands dirty.
- Must have least 2 years' professional experience as an agile Scrum Master for a cross functional team, and a proven track record of successful agile delivery.
- Must demonstrate a firm grasp of agile principles and values, and the ability to clearly apply them.
- Must demonstrate the personality and drive to influence others within and outside the team for the benefit of agile behaviour adoption and value delivery.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to challenge attitudes and ways of working that impede agility.
- Must demonstrate the ability to pragmatically adapt to the unique circumstances of a team, as opposed to inflexible adherence to text book rules for the sake of following rules.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- An appreciation for data analytics is not compulsory, but would be preferred.
- A recognised Scrum Master certification is not compulsory, but would be preferred.
- Be able to explain "why" to various stakeholders and constituents - why the team have agreed a certain way of working above others and why priorities of requirements may be influenced by factors beyond business value.
- Be able to say "No," but also to explain why in terms that stakeholders understand. Be empirically driven and bring evidence-based decision-making to explain 'why'?
- Be a servant leader with the ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done.
- Be able to listen and support team members in problem identification and decision-making, creating an environment of mutual influence
- Possess the soft skills to understand and empathise with others, while encouraging and supporting the personal development of each individual and the development of teams.
- Experience in financial services or large corporate environments
- Be able to coach people with powerful questions rather than use authority.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.